Quick Stacks Q.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have seen footage of stacks working like the dock becoming a cartoon character carrying a pile of books. I was wondering how does the stack effect work with the dock in the left hand side position? does the stack wobble across the screen like a semi-flaccid member? perhaps i am a bit confused by the dynamics of the stack object. I really wanted to enquire as to the practicality of this thing, as an artist that works mostly with large format images and video, wobbling distractions are not really welcomed (although at the same time, i can see the potential benefits).

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by __mø View Post

I was wondering how does the stack effect work with the dock in the left hand side position? does the stack wobble across the screen like a semi-flaccid member?

Nope and to me this suggests a bit of inconsistent behaviour. When the Dock is on the bottom, it has the ability to do the fan but on the side, the same stack does the grid view.

Another thing I noticed on the side is that the icon reflections don't show up nearly so well.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    __mo__mo Posts: 32member
    i see. thank you