Could this be the iPhone Nano (Pics from eBay)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was on ebay this afternoon and found this. It looks like an iPhone and is even labeled as one. But there are some major differences between it and the iPhone that is out right now. Mainly the location on the camera and the form factor. If this is just a good hoax then which phone is it with an apple sticker on the back.

LINKS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7572&rd=1&rd=1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by casey487 View Post

.... If this is just a good hoax then which phone is it with an apple sticker on the back.

Good hoax? Are you kidding? Perhaps someone who has never seen or heard tell of the iPhone might think this is a good hoax, but certainly not anyone who knows anything. If real, the device being offered actually has more content than the real 8 GB iPhone. Another thing is that the iPhone uses the iPod's signature colors for its cabling. They are white, not the black cables you see in the picture. Should I go on?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The fact that the Apple logo is wrong should tip you off. Looks like some third-rate third-world knockoff.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I know, there are a lot of things that tip this off as a fake. But, it just struck me as odd that someone with this high on an ebay rating would do such a thing. I'm going to keep track of this item and see what the buyer says.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    hahaha.....

good try guys.

FAKE!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Why would an unreleased Apple product be on Ebay anyway. Geez, what I waste of type.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    It's the Chinese tPhone:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/20/k...lone-on-video/

with a Stylus.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Probably a hijacked account. This guy has good feedback and wouldn't risk it by deception like that.

If someone feels like it, report it to eBay by clicking on the appropriate link - I'm sure this guy would like to get his account back.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I can't believe someone paid so much for something that clearly isn't an iPhone
  • Reply 9 of 11
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

[=casey487;1115253]I was on ebay this afternoon and found this. It looks like an iPhone and is even labeled as one. But there are some major differences between it and the iPhone that is out right now. Mainly the location on the camera and the form factor. If this is just a good hoax then which phone is it with an apple sticker on the back.

LINKS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7572&rd=1&rd=1

Why don't you report it to Ebay as a fraudulent item?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Why don't you report it to Ebay as a fraudulent item?

I did.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    (no message)