Will the iPhone play MP3s that I convert from my CDs?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Im considering buying an iPhone and the iPod capabilities are a big draw for me. I just wanted to check to see if I can play my MP3s I converted from CD, or if I have to buy all my songs through the iTunes store. Sorry if its a newb question, but obviously I don't even own an iPod, so wanted to make sure before I bought it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    You're good. iPods and iPhones can play mp3s from ripped CDs just fine. Enjoy your iPhone!...jerk *

* - Just a little miffed that your first iPod is an iPhone and I've owned 3 iPods but can't buy an iPhone for a while because of a baby on the way and bills to pay.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

You're good. iPods and iPhones can play mp3s from ripped CDs just fine. Enjoy your iPhone!...jerk *

* - Just a little miffed that your first iPod is an iPhone and I've owned 3 iPods but can't buy an iPhone for a while because of a baby on the way and bills to pay.

Hey think of it this way: You get a $500 tax credit with your child, so that would pay for a 4 GB model
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

LOL, If that gets you miffed, guess I probably shouldn't say how my brother works at the apple campus and is getting it for me at a *very* discounted price =) Its funny because the tough part of the decision for me isn't even the cost of the iPhone, its the the $60/month fee I'm debating over. Thanks for the info though, I'm 95% set on getting it.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    tomkarltomkarl Posts: 239member
    Quote:

In life, you make choices. You've chosen children. No reason to be angry at the OP about it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomkarl View Post

In life, you make choices. You've chosen children. No reason to be angry at the OP about it.

There's a wink at the end of the comment.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mroberto1 View Post

LOL, If that gets you miffed, guess I probably shouldn't say how my brother works at the apple campus and is getting it for me at a *very* discounted price =) Its funny because the tough part of the decision for me isn't even the cost of the iPhone, its the the $60/month fee I'm debating over. Thanks for the info though, I'm 95% set on getting it.

Get us some real inside information and we'll help you pay for that iPhone...