AT&T: 146,000 Apple iPhones activated in first two days

Comments

• Reply 41 of 132
    dreamrajdreamraj Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

If AAPL drops to around 137 or 136 just before today's close, I'll probably snag a big handful of shares. It's a good bet the news will be good tomorrow.

Last time this happened, I made 50% on my money in 3 months.

Just bought more AAPL @ $136.26. Tomorrow's gonna be one volatile ride! Enjoy!!
  • Reply 42 of 132
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

Doesn't look like AAPL will go lower than 138 today... yet....

Update: Just went to 136 1/2! Guess I bought me some more AAPL!

Looks like AAPL ran out of buyers. I sold mine around 138.5. I'll hold out for a few more days. Stock should drop a good bit after earnings when all the people who bought because of the pie in the sky forecasts are disappointed and sell. Hopefully I'll pick shares back up around the end of the week 10 points lower or so. If it's higher, then whether I buy back or not depends on the earnings. The stock's ahead of itself and will be lower than 130 at some point later this year, the key is to be patient Good luck all.
  • Reply 43 of 132
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamraj View Post

Just bought more AAPL @ $136.26. Tomorrow's gonna be one volatile ride! Enjoy!!

Spooky!
  • Reply 44 of 132
    135.3 right now .... hold on tight

I'm starting to get skeptical
  • Reply 45 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by appleaddict View Post

How do you mean "skeptical"?... of what?

Now at 136.5 ....

136.3 ...

135.5 ... oh, damn.
  • Reply 46 of 132
    Quote:

Don't worry, Steve Job's won't put you on the "do not sell and iPhone to this man" list if you sell your Apple stock and buy it back later after it's at a less bubblicious level.
  • Reply 47 of 132
    Quote:

How do you mean "skeptical"?... of what?

Now at 136.5 ....

136.3 ...

We need to find you a real time quote service if you are going to be posting 30 minute out of date quotes on message boards
  • Reply 48 of 132
    I'm riding it baby!!

A captain never leaves it ship
  • Reply 49 of 132
    Quote:

I'm riding it baby!!

A captain never leaves it ship

135.6 ...

Ah well, such is life.
  • Reply 50 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

We need to find you a real time quote service if you are going to be posting 30 minute out of date quotes on message boards

For instant updates, I'm using MarketWatch.com ....
  • Reply 51 of 132
    Hopefully will all be laughing comes thursday!! After an outstanding Apple quarter.

Right?? Closed below 135 today

Didn't I read a report saying that the iPhone returns - no matter how big or low - would not shake the quarter earning .... so why are people so scared about the iPhone ATT activation report??

Oh well ... will see what the future holds
  • Reply 52 of 132
    Geez... I'm hoping AAPL was simply driven down by the overall market today, combined with the "news" from at&t, plus the bad news from the housing sector.
  • Reply 53 of 132
    OK it's after hours trading right now.

Watch the bearers of bad news get rich now that they've got everyone to lower the stock price ...

It's buy time for them!!!
  • Reply 54 of 132
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    many couldn't get through,

but how many people who bought an iphone are NOT going to activate. i'm sure verizon, tmoble only bought a few to rummage through and won't activate and i'm sure a few bought to hack and didn't activate, maybe even a few that bought and kept them in the boxes for appreciation value and collector potential.

what are the real "sold numbers" that's the meat and the proof.

i bet verizon and tmoble bought a boat load and will plan to return them to throw off apples numbers in a cynical strategy to hurt apple and push people to their own service

another point--is there another phone out there anywhere that 150k were sold and activated in 2 days......it only brings more power to apple negotiations for europe and asia
  • Reply 55 of 132
    Quote:

Didn't I read a report saying that the iPhone returns - no matter how big or low - would not shake the quarter earning .... so why are people so scared about the iPhone ATT activation report??

iPhone numbers will have zero impact on the quarter. Only 2 days worth of sales, and those two days only count for 1/8 of their actual amount because of the accounting method Apple used. So while the NEWS about the sales of iPhones may (and most certainly will, frankly) move the stock, the actual revenues and profits will not show up any more than a pebble tossed into a river.
  • Reply 56 of 132
    Quote:

Geez... I'm hoping AAPL was simply driven down by the overall market today, combined with the "news" from at&t, plus the bad news from the housing sector.

Buy the rumor, sell the news. And there's more news coming tomorrow.
  • Reply 57 of 132
    Quote:

iPhone numbers will have zero impact on the quarter. Only 2 days worth of sales, and those two days only count for 1/8 of their actual amount because of the accounting method Apple used. So while the NEWS about the sales of iPhones may (and most certainly will, frankly) move the stock, the actual revenues and profits will not show up any more than a pebble tossed into a river.

As we all know, perception is everything... forget about the facts.

134.27 in after-hours...
  • Reply 58 of 132
    Quote:

Head in the sand?

Buy the rumor, sell the news. And there's more news coming tomorrow.

Not at all... I know AAPL's drill.

BTW, this could be a prime time to buy AXP (American Express)! They dropped nearly 6% today also.
  • Reply 59 of 132
    How much time do you think it will take AAPL to rebound to 145 if the news is positive tomorrow??
  • Reply 60 of 132
    Very weird I just saw the stock reach 143.5 for a split second on ameritrade after hour chart.