WTF is this cow!?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I came in to work this morning and found this annoyingly little cow spouting movie and TV quotes at me.

What the hell is this thing? There were no browsers open and it sits on top of all my windows. The only thing that gets rid of him is viewing the desktop via Expose. cmd-tab yields no apps that shouldn't be there. I'm about to start killing processes via Activity monitor until he's dead.

Ok... I didn't get as far as that. I was just saving things and closing other programs to make it easier to spot suspicious threads and the fucker just ran off the screen to the right. What the Hell was that!?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

Ok... I didn't get as far as that. I was just saving things and closing other programs to make it easier to spot suspicious threads and the fucker just ran off the screen to the right. What the Hell was that!?

Heh. I have no idea what it is but this paragraph made me laugh. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    You have been mooooed

I'd start by scanning for colleagues with a big grin making suspicious bovine noises
  • Reply 3 of 11
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    I have one colleague. He can barely save a file in the same place twice. I doubt it was him.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Teach a man to fish...

Guartho, put the quotes into google.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    The phrase you really want to be searching for is "Bruce the Wonder Yak", and this is a Final Cut Pro "easter egg".
  • Reply 6 of 11
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Ah, thanks Karl. It was when I switched to FCP to close it that Bruce took off. I should've figured! If I'd have known he was a yak I would have stood back about 200 yards and tried mind bullets.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    That's telekinesis, Kyle.

Funny stuff, that yak.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

Hilarious! And no, I had no idea what that was.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Its almost as good as the server version of earthquake from some early version of mac OS. It would infect the users computer with randomly timed earthquakes that last for about 5 seconds.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Best easter egg ever!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    That is Bruce. I never caught him in the wild myself, but had to call for him to appear.