AT&T: 146,000 Apple iPhones activated in first two days

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 132
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I feel like a dumbass. I had to look up UPOD.

Apple closed after hour trading at $150.18. Will this maintain tomorrow? I have a peak of $158 on Thursday and $162 on Friday.

Any one else have anything else? What will happen in the coming months?
  • Reply 122 of 132
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lfe2211 View Post

Just finished listening to the conference call. AAPL gives new meaning to the term UPOD. They are guiding 65 cents eps for the next quarter which no one on planet earth believes.Also, they just won't divulge financial breakdowns of their line items. This frustrates the hell out of the analysts. THe most often used phrase was " we'll provide more guidance on that when we report in October (NOT!).

UPOD should be the next iPod...

But semi-seriously, I love it when analysts are left squirming for more data in these calls... it's like a game of whack-a-mole.
  • Reply 123 of 132
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple closed after hour trading at $150.18. Will this maintain tomorrow? I have a peak of $158 on Thursday and $162 on Friday.

Geez, that would be nice.
  • Reply 124 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Geez, that would be nice.

I put in a Limit order for $160.
  • Reply 125 of 132
    lfe2211lfe2211 Posts: 507member
    Quote:

Any one else have anything else? What will happen in the coming months?

Be careful of readig too much into after hours trading. A lot of dumb money is fleeced from investors after hours.
  • Reply 126 of 132
    Quote:

Solipsism,

You might want to reconsider. The first order I see on Scottrade is for 8000 shares bought at a price of $148.10. Keep you eye on a bid/ask ticker today if you plan a buy or sell. It's going to be another wild ride especially early on.
  • Reply 127 of 132
    Quote:

The Market is set to open lower big time on the usual FUD, bad home builder reports, subprime worries, slowing growth etc. The asking price on AAPL is now $144. There could be some real AAPL bargains available in both the options and stock markets.
  • Reply 128 of 132
    Quote:

Solipsism,

You might want to reconsider. The first order I see on Scottrade is for 8000 shares bought at a price of $148.10. Keep you eye on a bid/ask ticker today if you plan a buy or sell. It's going to be another wild ride especially early on.

Quote:

The Market is set to open lower big time on the usual FUD, bad home builder reports, subprime worries, slowing growth etc. The asking price on AAPL is now $144. There could be some real AAPL bargains available in both the options and stock markets.

Good to know, but I don't understand why I'd want to reconsider?
  • Reply 129 of 132
    I'm only advising you to pay close attention to todays' jittery market.
  • Reply 130 of 132
    Quote:

I'm only advising you to pay close attention to todays' jittery market.

Thanks. It's evening time where I am right now. I will be doing nothing but watching the market today.
  • Reply 131 of 132
    We have to admit that is the first of a kind, and nobody is perfect. So iPhone still will shake the World, no doubt...
  • Reply 132 of 132
    nerudaneruda Posts: 439member
    violo25 said:
    We have to admit that is the first of a kind, and nobody is perfect. So iPhone still will shake the World, no doubt...

How right were you?  iPhone revenue alone is twice that of Microsoft's. Wonder how many of you held on to your apple shares 15 years ago. Some of you may be millionaires if you did.