QuickTime 6 - Screwed Up Desktop

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone...

Ever since I installed the QuickTime 6 Public Preview, My desktop pictures have been looking like crap.

I don't know how to explain it, but they just look very jagged and pixelated. Everything else looks fine, it's just my desktop pictures that look weird for some reason.

Does anyone else have the problem? Is it a QuickTime 6 bug? Should I send feedback to Apple?

Thanks for any info on the QuickTime 6 software relevancy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    I don't have that problem, but I installed QT6, then went back to Qt5, I deleted all 6's prefs extensions, apps etc, but some things still ask me 'where is QT6'. And now opening up Qt5 always asks me for a CD which is not mounted and needs 20-30 cancels before it goes away! Ideas?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    [quote]Originally posted by MarcUK:

<strong>I don't have that problem, but I installed QT6, then went back to Qt5, I deleted all 6's prefs extensions, apps etc, but some things still ask me 'where is QT6'. And now opening up Qt5 always asks me for a CD which is not mounted and needs 20-30 cancels before it goes away! Ideas?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did you use the official Apple QT5 reinstaller?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Well, I'm a schmuck and I actually bought Quicktime Pro a few months ago. If I install the public preview, will it render my Pro edition useless?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I don't think it effected my Pro copy to the point that it was useless. But I do know that I could barely open iMovie without seeing it crash, among other things...I just used the official reinstaller and everything is back to normal now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>If I install the public preview, will it render my Pro edition useless?</strong><hr></blockquote>Yes, you need a new Pro license for QuickTime 6.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>Yes, you need a new Pro license for QuickTime 6.</strong><hr></blockquote>No, that's not true for the preview. For the real version when it comes out you'll need a new key, but for now, you'll have the pro features with the preview.

From the Quicktime 6 page:

[quote]Will my QuickTime 5 Pro key work in this Public Preview?

Yes. QuickTime 6 Public Preview will automatically recognize your QuickTime 5 Pro key during installation. However, you should write it down prior to installation for safekeeping. Your QuickTime 5 Pro key will unlock the pro functionality of QuickTime 6 Public Preview, which includes the pro features of QuickTime 5 plus the new features listed on the right side of this page.

Will my QuickTime 5 Pro key work in the final release of QuickTime 6?

Because QuickTime 6 will include royalty-bearing technologies, a new QuickTime Pro key will be required to unlock pro functionality in the final release.<hr></blockquote>