Photoshop 7...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use photoshop 7 on a daily basis in OS X. I went to install it on one of my systems today and this is the error I got. Anyone seen this before or no of a fix for it?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    arnold2arnold2 Posts: 29member
    Not sure exactly, but I did gave a similar problem a while back, and I had to do a search for all PS7 related bits in Sherlock & trash them. Install worked after that. In addition, download Apple's Repair Privileges app, as you may well have faulty privileges set somewhere too.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ameatameat Posts: 18member
    are you watching through the whole install process? i remember having tried twice to install photoshop and leaving the computer for a while while it was installing...both times, whenever my display went to sleep it failed, with a similar error. when i wiggled the mouse every minute or two, it was fine. probably not your problem but a stupid little fix that might just be your solution...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    [quote]Originally posted by ameat:

<strong>are you watching through the whole install process? i remember having tried twice to install photoshop and leaving the computer for a while while it was installing...both times, whenever my display went to sleep it failed, with a similar error. when i wiggled the mouse every minute or two, it was fine. probably not your problem but a stupid little fix that might just be your solution...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, i'm sitting right in front of it sweating as it happens. Right at the time that it starts to install the executable file "Photoshop 7" thats when the error comes up. Every time.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eric reideric reid Posts: 25member
    My advice is to try turning off every thing but the essentials, most of the extras you'll never need anyway. Then try the install again, and if it works go back and individually turn the extras on until you find the problem and just avoid that one piece. One corrupt file will trash an entire installation.

[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: Eric Reid ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dmgeistdmgeist Posts: 153member
    hi, I have Photo Shop 7 also. I also had problems installing the first time. This happens alot with OSX. Its something to do with the privleges.

Other programs do this sometimes. Check when your installing it to make sure you have access to write to your applications folder. Then check the path your installing to. Make sure its not to your main root

partition(where OSX keeps system and Library).
  • Reply 6 of 6
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    Thanks for the info all. I'll see if any of those work.

[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: cyko95 ]</p>