Purported photos of new iMac keyboard stir debate

Comments

• Reply 21 of 244
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    It may be real after all. The original flickr copies of the pictures are not anymore available, while they were earlier today! How Engadget escaped?
  • Reply 22 of 244
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Although it is particularly convincing, it could be fake after all as the pictures are still up.

They only take down fake stuff, like those ridiculous iPod UI videos

I think this is real, and I think Apple is telling the secrets.
  • Reply 23 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

They only take down fake stuff, like those ridiculous iPod UI videos

You are joking of course. Apple could have a hard time if it does this.
  • Reply 24 of 244
    Quote:

It may be real after all. The original flickr copies of the pictures are not anymore available, while they were earlier today! How Engadget escaped?

If they weren't real, do you really think someone would go to this much trouble, by actually making the keyboard? I highly doubt it.
  • Reply 25 of 244
    Quote:

If they weren't real, do you really think someone would go to this much trouble, by actually making the keyboard? I highly doubt it.

You never know. But as I said I find the pictures very convincing.
  • Reply 26 of 244
    I have my "fist fulla dollars" and ready to buy it. Just waiting for it to hit the shelves.
  • Reply 27 of 244
    Quote:

You are joking of course. Apple could have a hard time if it does this.

Of course I'm joking. The reason they aren't taking down these, is because they planted the seed.
  • Reply 28 of 244
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    It looks pretty sweet, but in the edge-on photo you can already see one of the keys at a slightly different angle than the others. That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about this keyboard's long-term durability.
  • Reply 29 of 244
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Booga View Post

It looks pretty sweet, but in the edge-on photo you can already see one of the keys at a slightly different angle than the others. That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about this keyboard's long-term durability.

This is a test unit if I am not mistaken.
  • Reply 30 of 244
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    My typing sucks whatever I use, I need a Wi-Fi connection into my brain so I can 'think type' ...
  • Reply 31 of 244
    Pretty considerable debate going on here...

More to the point, I'm not so sure how much I like the location change of the esc/volume keys. I like them where they are now, plus it's just more function keys that can't be used (without remap anyways) for expose and dashboard.
  • Reply 32 of 244
    moochmooch Posts: 113member
    very nice! I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to type on though. Who really likes laptop keyboards more than regular ones?
  • Reply 33 of 244
    Quote:

The reason they aren't taking down these, is because they planted the seed.

What do you mean?
  • Reply 34 of 244
    Is it, or are the pic's gone?

Edit: wow they took a while to load....
  • Reply 35 of 244
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    The current one isn't perfect by any means but I don't like the laptop type keys at all. By its very nature the laptop keyboard is a compromise between compactness and ergonomics, why adopt that design for uses that don't demand such a compromise? I think I hear the siren call of cost savings behind this design choice.
  • Reply 36 of 244
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    That is, if Apple makes that choice.
  • Reply 37 of 244
    Whether or not it is called "command key," I think it makes no sense to remove ALL visible apple-branding from the top of the KB. I think this is not a production unit... if real at all.

though it does look super-cool!

Hope Springs Eternal,

Mandricard

AppleOutsider

No visible logo:

• Reply 38 of 244
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 698member
    like the giant iphones - 1m height? oh, wait...

(prolly don't want to use a scaled drafting ruler next time, guys. you must have really been in a rush to grab photos...)
  • Reply 39 of 244
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    So you take someone else's photos and watermark them with your logo? How professional.
  • Reply 40 of 244
    New keyboards are definitely coming soon. I have had an Apple Keyboard/Mouse set that I ordered for a Mac Mini on backorder since the beginning of July. The item ship date keeps getting pushed back once a week.

This would explain things nicely. This may not just be for the iMac, but for the entire line of Apple desktop products.