Apple slips on overblown iPhone remark; iPod ramp in September?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Boy, this is hell week. I'm in it for the long haul though. Picked up another block at 135.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,413member
    My personal thanks to all you nutty analysts and news reporters who successfully helped drive down the cost of AAPL last night by nearly 10 points. It would appear someone read my last post!

Keep it up! And buy low, sell high!
  • Reply 23 of 36
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,096member
    I love it! AAPL has a P/E below 40 and RIMM (a one-trick pony*) has one above 50.

And AAPL gets hit because a goofy rumor has them not ramping up fast enough.

--------------

* mind you, it's been a good trick for the last little while...
  • Reply 24 of 36
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wally View Post

So does this mean a Libel suit: Apple vs. TheStreet?

Someone cook these a**holes please.

seriously. . . I lost a lot of wealth today because of false reports.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post

I love it! AAPL has a P/E below 40 and RIMM (a one-trick pony*) has one above 50.

Yup... Easy money to be made both long and trading on volatility! Happy to buy a few more blocks today!
  • Reply 26 of 36
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Oh, calm down!

You are only as poor as you were in early July. You've had all this extra "wealth" for less than a month, when the stock went reliably above $131 for the first time.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,413member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Oh, calm down!

You are only as poor as you were in early July. You've had all this extra "wealth" for less than a month, when the stock went reliably above $131 for the first time.

Is this thread filled with complete novices to the world of investing? Seriously, you don't need to get upset or "calm down." You are not "poor" or "rich" UNTIL you sell (unless you foolishly buy stock on borrowed money). I don't think any of you moaning here are "selling" now are you? No. You are just growing fearful over nothing.

Again, most of you who blew through my previous post clearly missed the point. Nutty analysts can often create trouble for us in market. But in this case, it's a real blessing. We all know that AAPL is going to do extremely well in the long term (over the next 12 months) for reasons that I don't need to go into here. This pull back in the stock price makes it more attractive now to people who know the market and "buy low to sell high." And unless this rumor is confirmed with a lot of evidence over the next 72 hours, the stock price should jump right back, possibly gaining 10 points or more in the next few days. What does that mean? Instant profits for everyone who buys at the current $13x/share price.

It really is THAT simple, folks.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    131.76... Good Lord.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JDW View Post

Is this thread filled with complete novices to the world of investing? Seriously, you don't need to get upset or "calm down." You are not "poor" or "rich" UNTIL you sell (unless you foolishly buy stock on borrowed money). I don't think any of you moaning here are "selling" now are you? No. You are just growing fearful over nothing.

Again, most of you who blew through my previous post clearly missed the point. Nutty analysts can often create trouble for us in market. But in this case, it's a real blessing. We all know that AAPL is going to do extremely well in the long term (over the next 12 months) for reasons that I don't need to go into here. This pull back in the stock price makes it more attractive now to people who know the market and "buy low to sell high." And unless this rumor is confirmed with a lot of evidence over the next 72 hours, the stock price should jump right back, possibly gaining 10 points or more in the next few days. What does that mean? Instant profits for everyone who buys at the current $13x/share price.

It really is THAT simple, folks.

With a set of bald-faced assertions passing off as analysis, you're calling the people in this thread 'novices?' Your analysis above is about as substantive as that of Mr. Kumar's.

Oh, while you're at it, get yourself a sense of humor too, and chill out. This is not an investing forum, but just a place for some Apple enthusiasts to share some insights, hopefully an occasional nugget of wisdom and humor, and perhaps even a jibe or two.

• Reply 30 of 36
    I still say there needs to be a dedicated Forum for AAPL stock chit-chat...
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Hopefully you didn't sell on the downturn... if not, you'll be OK. Hold on for a while, she'll be headin' up again after the crazed panic from the housing market collapse, and the banks teetering on the edge... oh, wait a second... I was trying to cheer you up...
  • Reply 32 of 36
    Don't worry. Be happy. Roller coasters are fun, but not for the queasy.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I still say there needs to be a dedicated Forum for AAPL stock chit-chat...

And do you think Kasper wants to open himself to legal action if he even hints at making that an official sanctioned part of AI and some bozo goes off spouting rumors that get picked up and move the stock price?

A thread in Outsider or GD can be passed off as harmless free speech. A dedicated forum means policing it to the SEC's and litigious lawyers likings. Don't touch that with a 10-foot pole!
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

A dedicated forum means policing it to the SEC's and litigious lawyers likings. Don't touch that with a 10-foot pole!

Hear, hear!
  • Reply 35 of 36
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hopefully you didn't sell on the downturn... if not, you'll be OK. Hold on for a while, she'll be headin' up again after the crazed panic from the housing market collapse, and the banks teetering on the edge... oh, wait a second... I was trying to cheer you up...

The housing market collapse has more or less already occurred. Banks are surviving. Apple keeps selling iPods & macs.

By the way, I'm not exactly worried about Apple. I'm just a little upset that some twit made a false report. That is not cool. Over the past few years, the same type of thing has landed jail time for dozens of corporate accountants!
  • Reply 36 of 36
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    this kinda ramp, dudes!

cowabunga!