Originally Posted by Gator View Post

From Wired.Com comes this pic of what could well be the new iMac:

Opinions?

..that is just rude dude!

• Reply 102 of 564
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJay View Post

yeah.. that one. IS BEAUTIFUL! and look at that teeny key board.. much better looking than that heinous one that leaked a few days ago...

apple lost it's edge \

to me it looks like the studio display with a metal finish

awesome

• Reply 103 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cygnusrk727 View Post

Not to keen on the red. Please be "silver" aluminum as well. Note the name of the photo is alumac-2.jpg. Not lilke iMac-1.jpg. Or something.

That's because it's fake. Surly that is so very apparent? I think the red colour was to illustrate that the new iMac will be available in colours. I doubt that it will be in anything other than silver or black.
  • Reply 104 of 564
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by homeboy87 View Post

THe mockup is nice but is IMO not quite what the new iMac will look like. First of all the screen is not in eye height and furhter more it's missing a foot. A screen must have the ability to tilt or even be adjusted in height

Whether or not this is real, the screen does not have to be eye height. As noted on Apple's 'ergonomic' support site, it just has to be on the right angle. Not necessarily adjustable as on the original iMacs, or adjustable on the Powerbooks.

As for the 'missing' foot, two as shown is enough.
  • Reply 105 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

That's because it's fake. Surly that is so very apparent? I think the red colour was to illustrate that the new iMac will be available in colours. I doubt that it will be in anything other than silver or black.

It is apparent. You can see white lines on the floor near the inside of each foot. And on the right side of the keyboard it looks like a bad clipping job in Photoshop.
  • Reply 106 of 564
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by itgoesforfun View Post

Since it's getting close to the 10.5 release date wouldn't one just hold off on the new Mac until the updated OS is available?

I say, "No" because there are people and businesses that want or need new hardware, but don't want or need the newest OS. These two groups will continue or increase Mac sales, as well as, compensate the no sales from people and businesses that are going to wait for Leopard to come pre-installed before buying new hardware.
  • Reply 107 of 564
    Li'l bird has been away

But the sky anounces change

Darker, comes the bird this way

Faster, dives the bird, I say.

"No more pale skin and single feet"

awww...the lil bird...ain't he sweet ?

• Reply 108 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gator View Post

Opinions?

Aside from being a truncated Mac Pro tinted red with a screenshot of Leopard taped to the side of the unit, the design is terrible. Most prominently is the unadjustable screen angle.

Let see what else is wrong with this picture:
    • Razor-sharp upper corners

• keyboard not on the same 3D plane as computer

• Not shipping with Leopard installed

• No iSight

• No matching keyboard

• Butt-ugly

So no. There's no chance in hell that this is the next iMac.

-Clive
  • Reply 109 of 564
    I can't believe we're actually discussing whether that hideous red Mac Pro mockup is real or not... Jeez.
  • Reply 110 of 564
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'd guess that it's merely an iMac update, but it may be a new look for the iMac so that will be somewhat exciting. The Specs of the iMacs video card is what I will be looking at. It should be a clear indication of what we will see in the next Mac Pro.
  • Reply 111 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

Aside from being a truncated Mac Pro tinted red with a screenshot of Leopard taped to the side of the unit, the design is terrible. Most prominently is the unadjustable screen angle.

Let see what else is wrong with this picture:
    • Razor-sharp upper corners

• keyboard not on the same 3D plane as computer

• Not shipping with Leopard installed

• No iSight

• No matching keyboard

• Butt-ugly

So no. There's no chance in hell that this is the next iMac.

-Clive

Good Observations.

I think there is a circle for the camera that they colored over.
  • Reply 112 of 564
    gatorgator Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dabhoys View Post

Normally I would order online but I just moved here to the US from Ireland so I'm finally near an apple store So hears hoping that it will be out right away. We've no apple retail store in Ireland only 3rd party places.

UP THE CELTIC!

• Reply 113 of 564
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I have received word from Suni that he will be involved in some sort of countdown soon... In the meantime OMG TUESDAY OMG

I STRONGLY PREDICT that iLife'08 and iWork'08 will only be *previews*, it will not be full release until Leopard full or MacWorld SF Jan 2008. I could be wrong though. Just that it would be very weird in the scheme of things if people went out and can buy iLife08 and iWork08 next week. Anyways, buckle up, ladies and gents, 'cause Kansas is about to go bye bye...

Well, you know him better than anyone else.
  • Reply 114 of 564
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    I'm sick of white and silver!

Whatever it looks like I hope there are other colour options.
  • Reply 115 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

OMFG I think this is the first time Melgross used a custom smiley !! OMFG

• Reply 116 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJay View Post

yeah.. that one. IS BEAUTIFUL! and look at that teeny key board.. much better looking than that heinous one that leaked a few days ago...

apple lost it's edge \

It isn't a teeny keyboard, it's a huge monitor.

Besides the plastic foot would be unstable, all plastic bends, so it would cause the computer to shake back and forth every time you touched it to put in a DVd, etc.

Quote:

to me it looks like the studio display with a metal finish

No. Pb and Clive are right. It is a Mac Pro with the top cut off, in a hideous red.
  • Reply 117 of 564
    I've never understood some people's obsession with that clear-screen mockup. It's quite futuristic looking, but not really astoundingly attractive - it goes against all of Ive's simplicity-first industrial design in favor of flash.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Li'l bird has been away

The sky... this guy... ALL JIMI HENDRIX ALBUMS WILL COME FREE WITH THE NEW IMAC?????

Also I don't know what's up with the single feet thing, I'm much more concerned with the chin
  • Reply 118 of 564
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Whether or not this is real, the screen does not have to be eye height. As noted on Apple's 'ergonomic' support site, it just has to be on the right angle. Not necessarily adjustable as on the original iMacs, or adjustable on the Powerbooks.

As for the 'missing' foot, two as shown is enough.

Ideally, as all information on ergonomics, as well as the manuals for monitors show, the top of the screen should be at eye height.

People tend to put them too high because of the old days when most computers were flat on the table with the monitor on top. Somehow, they think that monitors should be high up.

But, I'm not sure Apple will go back to a monitor that can be adjusted anywhere as much as the old lampshade iMac.
  • Reply 119 of 564
    ijayijay Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

It isn't a teeny keyboard, it's a huge monitor.

Besides the plastic foot would be unstable, all plastic bends, so it would cause the computer to shake back and forth every time you touched it to put in a DVd, etc.

not necessarily... it could be as hard as the plastic on the monitors apple had in the past, or the plastic on the cube. hard as rock

Quote:

No. Pb and Clive are right. It is a Mac Pro with the top cut off, in a hideous red.

i understand that, but the design looks like the studio displays nonetheless

• Reply 120 of 564
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Li'l bird has been away

Oh, no, not again!

OK, so the new iMac will be not plain white and will be not a display on a stand. But what?