the new iMac (next week?)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
[edit] wow, im late to the party! AND i looked all down this forum for a thread with these photos!!!!

please lock!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    new imacnew imac Posts: 29member
    I hate being stupid, but what [photos] are you talking about?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by new imac View Post

I hate being stupid, but what [photos] are you talking about?

That way. Discussed right here.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Rumor sites mention the 7 August for the release of the new iMac and possibly iLife and new iPods.

If there is a redisign of the iMac than there will be a special event but they need more stuff for a special event. I think that iLife is more tied to the iMac then MacOS X. Though I think that iMac plus iLife will be released simultaniously.

How many days before a special event do Apple send out invitations to the journalists?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

Rumor sites mention the 7 August for the release of the new iMac and possibly iLife and new iPods.

Don't ask me why people even think the new iLife is going to be released before Leopard, I highly doubt that would happen.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Don't ask me why people even think the new iLife is going to be released before Leopard, I highly doubt that would happen.

I agree. Unless there is a reason we don't see at this moment, it makes no sense.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

How many days before a special event do Apple send out invitations to the journalists?

I have not a clear memory on this one, but I would say roughly one week before, at least.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    iLife releases were in the past not tied to the OS and were often released when new iMacs were released in january.

the iMac IS the cult of easy to use for the family (all in one, iLife). I stay at my prediction and if new Leopard features could enhance iLife then they will be automatically enabled or via a free update.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    CompUSA is offering 5% instant rebate on top of a tax free weekend this upcoming weekend on all Macs. Just FYI.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    l33r0yl33r0y Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

iLife would supposedly be made backwards compatible for Tiger, no?

So if John Appleseed bought an iMac next week with iLife '08, he could use, say 95% of its features, with the other 5% after he upgraded to Leopard with his voucher...

Unless your talking about a non-technical reason of course...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    detailsdetails Posts: 65member
    Voucher??? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAH A HAA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Has Apple ever given Voucher's out for Major OS Updates since OS X came out?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    l33r0yl33r0y Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

First time for everything...
  • Reply 13 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

They did for 10.1, I seem to recall.