New Parallels beta supports iPhone, Google phone talk reappears

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    Google is in the same place as Apple was a few years ago - one mainstay product that keeps the lights on.

I don't think they have any other choice, they must get into something like the handset business, or something else where they can leverage their brand.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It doesn't fit with their company's goals.

You'd better let them know before it's too late!
  • Reply 23 of 34
    AGAIN Verizon turns down a deal with a HUGE partner, Listen up V-dubs, if a giant company wants to partner with you, DON'T REJECT THEIR OFFER!!

Stop being so greedy!!
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Quote:

Wow, that is, just, well, fake.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

Wow, that is, just, well, fake.

Good eye But it's reportedly designed by eye witnesses. You'll see on Tuesday
  • Reply 27 of 34
    I'd love for google to get into the phone biz. The more competition the better. I would love to see some of their designs.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/new-facts...ars-285516.php
  • Reply 28 of 34
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post

Who on *earth* with the slighest amount of disposable income is going to put up with listening to audio ads everytime they want to make a call, though?

I'm not so sure. We all put up with ad's on TV and Radio so why not. Most websites are funded solely by ad's. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big market for people willing to put up with ad's for free calls. There are an awful lot of poor people around the world.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Exactly! Google's end game is to bypass the whole cellular industry.

Google will provide the nationwide(eventually global) wireless network and software backend.

Apple will provide the mobile wireless devices, retail distribution and customer support.

at&t, the clock is ticking.

Do I understand your prediction correctly that, after Apple/AT&T exclusivity

agreement expires, Google will have an acceptable nationwide (US) wireless

network that iPhones will access? I could go for that.

Come to think of it, Google's insistence that the new wireless spectrum being

auctioned should be required to be accessable by ALL devices fits with this

prediction.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Think of it as pre-derailing a thread. We know it happens eventually, so they might as well get it over with.

I agree though. It's unfortunate. It would be nice to have more, but concise threads rather than fewer, sprawling threads.

What car should I buy?
  • Reply 31 of 34
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by city View Post

What car should I buy?

Steve says "The iCar"
  • Reply 32 of 34
    jawportajawporta Posts: 140member
    Why? Who cares. The iPhone is made by Apple, it works best on an Apple, why run it on an Apple through Windows? Makes no sense. I would understand running a black berry via Parallels, but the iPhone?
  • Reply 33 of 34
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jawporta View Post

Why? Who cares. The iPhone is made by Apple, it works best on an Apple, why run it on an Apple through Windows? Makes no sense. I would understand running a black berry via Parallels, but the iPhone?

Thank you for not reading this thread. It's not as if that sort of question is never covered or already answered.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jawporta View Post

Wow. Just...wow.

--DotComCTO

...from my iPhone