MacOSRumors finally gone!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

You must be thinking of macrumors, which is an excellent rumors site. No one reads MOSR anymore.

Yeah Macrumors is pretty good, athough their forum seems to be plagued by kids who don't really know what they're talking about.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Somebody should try and buy the Domain name now before MOSR comes back.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    I looked into it, but it's not quite as simple as going to GoDaddy and putting the domain in. On GoDaddy and Network solutions it comes up as unavailable. I guess there's a grace period.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

I looked into it, but it's not quite as simple as going to GoDaddy and putting the domain in. On GoDaddy and Network solutions it comes up as unavailable. I guess there's a grace period.

That figures. Nice try though.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

You can get info on the domain from your terminal with the whois command. Just type whois macosrumors.com and you get this:

Registrant:

Pending Renewal or Deletion

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA. US 20172-0447

Domain Name: MACOSRUMORS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

Pending Renewal or Deletion [email protected]

P.O. Box 430

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

US

570-708-8786

Record expires on 16-Jul-2007.

Record created on 15-Jul-1997.

Database last updated on 25-Jul-2007 15:11:26 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM 205.178.190.51

NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM 205.178.189.51

There is definitely a period they allow for renewal and it only ran out last week.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    That's the most straight-forward contact email I've ever seen...
  • Reply 47 of 55
    doemeldoemel Posts: 75member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cygnusrk727 View Post

Somebody should try and buy the Domain name now before MOSR comes back.

There's a grace period of 1 month. I did, however, enter my bid on snapnames.com (via that backorder link). Minimum bid was 60 USD. I think it's worth it and I intend to sell the domain (if I can snap it) to either macrumors or appleinsider for the exact amount I'll be paying. I don't want to make any money, I just want that irritatingly annoying rumor site to forever disappear in the depths of internet history. So if anyone here's thinking to do the same we should gang up so we don't drive the price up. After all I think we have a common goal here.

Here's to hope. But who knows, maybe he'll re-up his old domain mosr.com. I remember when he announced that for <insert lame excuse here> reason he'd abandon the mosr.com domain. What a joke.

We have to stop that w***er once and for all.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    oldfartoldfart Posts: 1member
    It's not cool to kick a cripple around.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...om+macosrumors

• Reply 49 of 55
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erbium View Post

Yeah, MacRumors is good.. Though I do find they often just repost what ThinkSecret and AppleInsider write about.

MacRumors is the best site precisely because it's a central hub of all mac rumors.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I don't know why you all waste your time going to this site and that site, when you can get the scoop straight from the horses mouth.

Mandatory reading for me.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    I love their job, i really don't want they to leave. Keep on fighting guys!!!
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Wasn't it MacOSRumers that was the first who talked about the Cube during the late spring or early summer of 2000, just a month or two before it was announced?

I think they (he) was rather dead on what was about to came out.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    They also talked about Apple opening up retail stores and selling phones in them a few years back. Like that would ever happen! They went off the deep end saying how Apple stores would be a place where they would offer free wireless for the phone to work though.

They even broke some goofy story about x86 Macs running all the iApps natively in the skunkworks at Apple. More crazy talk. We all know the PowerPC G5 was going 3GHz. Or was Apple switching to Cell?

But then again, they also had that special "joint rumor" thing going on with AppleInsider about how Disney was going to buy Apple. Disney... buy something that Steve Jobs was integral to... hah!

Good times! Better than all that "stay tuned" and "update tonight" nonsense that plagued the place in the last couple of years.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post

They also talked about Apple opening up retail stores and selling phones in them a few years back. Like that would ever happen! They went off the deep end saying how Apple stores would be a place where they would offer free wireless for the phone to work though.

They even broke some goofy story about x86 Macs running all the iApps natively in the skunkworks at Apple. More crazy talk. We all know the PowerPC G5 was going 3GHz. Or was Apple switching to Cell?

But then again, they also had that special "joint rumor" thing going on with AppleInsider about how Disney was going to buy Apple. Disney... buy something that Steve Jobs was integral to... hah!

Good times! Better than all that "stay tuned" and "update tonight" nonsense that plagued the place in the last couple of years.

Yea, I remember all that now when you meantion it.

Considering the rumer about Disney buying Apple, there is always various discussions of cooperations buying or merging with other cooperations. Some of these discussions end up in a deal, some don't. So it might very well has been true that there was some kind of discussions among some persons at high level at Disney to buy Apple. But that doesn't mean it had to happen. Especially if Apple was against it.