I swear I saw the new imac...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, I am looking forward to using apple software and have been following/educating my self about this topic. I think it is crazy how much interest there is in apple inside speculation but the more I learn about the computers and gadgets the more I understand.

To get to my title when I heard my local news station KING 5 in Seattle talking about the delay of imac I paid quick attention. They talked about a software problem and flashed a picture of an imac. It happened so fast I do not even remember the problem but that picture what gives?

It was no mac I have seen before and looked very tight. It was like looking at picture frame about 2 inches of the mentioned metal case on the bottom nice metal legs real cool and compact no stupid lame keyboard like I saw when I went looking for the obvious release of this new computer so... Did anybody else catch this? Got a tivo or hard drive to review. I think it was last thursday but I can not remember as I was just going to google it the rest is a mystery to me. I am not a fanantic or stirring the publicity in search of a life so whatever I have been following this and know what I saw.

peACE

BH

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    bhachbhach Posts: 7member
    I searched the King 5 site and I think it might have been the microsoft/apple software issue on the 2nd so thursday. Somebody must have recorded this newscast do you think the newscast is available via the internet? I was so ready to view this thing.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Full Moon over there last Thursday ?

Presque vue or Jamais vue - perchance ?

Meds either overdone or underdone ?

<jk>

My wife's gonna get a new iMac the day they release them here - been waiting for too long now.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Full Moon over there last Thursday ?

Presque vue or Jamais vue - perchance ?

Meds either overdone or underdone ?

<jk>

My wife's gonna get a new iMac the day they release them here - been waiting for too long now.

I saw the darn thing you did not LOL
  • Reply 4 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Sure it wasn't one of these? http://www.apple.com/displays/
  • Reply 5 of 10
    No, you did not see a picture of a new iMac. I can say that with certainty even without finding out more about what you did see. A local news station won't have a picture of a closely guarded, secret Apple product, and if they did, they'd do more with it than show it as an illustration of a software problem.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bhach View Post

They talked about a software problem and flashed a picture of an imac.

How do you know the picture showed an iMac? Did they say that? What's more likely - that they misspoke, or the above scenario?

Quote:

It was like looking at picture frame about 2 inches of the mentioned metal case on the bottom nice metal legs real cool and compact

2 inches of what mentioned metal case on the bottom of what? What did the 'legs" look like?

So far, it sounds to me like that lame mockup of a Mac Pro with a screen on the side.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

No, you did not see a picture of a new iMac. I can say that with certainty even without finding out more about what you did see. A local news station won't have a picture of a closely guarded, secret Apple product, and if they did, they'd do more with it than show it as an illustration of a software problem.

How do you know the picture showed an iMac? Did they say that? What's more likely - that they misspoke, or the above scenario?

2 inches of what mentioned metal case on the bottom of what? What did the 'legs" look like?

So far, it sounds to me like that lame mockup of a Mac Pro with a screen on the side.

Cool by me, like I said there was no link on website. I have the picture in my memory and the only hope is a recorded version posted no hope I think now... It was so obvious a new imac and the story said a delayed release because of an issue. I hope somebody puts this to test. I am sorry I thought the jig was up and the release of new pictures was a given. Was not a display and it looked just like I new it would. That keyboard is a joke.

The present imac has a much larger area under display the one I saw looked like a picture frame for display with a 2 inch cpu area under (momitor) it was cool metal case and like nice metal legs. Sorry I just logged on to see it! damn somebody...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Listen, just for your information - no unreleased product that Apple's having an event for is going to be on 'any' news station before the event - just so you know. Whatever you saw was either an existing Cinema Display, an old Apple computer or display, or a non-Apple product your news station thought was.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Listen, just for your information - no unreleased product that Apple's having an event for is going to be on 'any' news station before the event - just so you know. Whatever you saw was either an existing Cinema Display, an old Apple computer or display, or a non-Apple product your news station thought was.

gates is my neighbor, peace I swear I thought this was a given.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

gates is my neighbor, peace I swear I thought this was a given.

buy it then if what I saw~

bye bye.

bh
  • Reply 10 of 10
    If they were discussing new iMacs, they may have used somebody's fan design they found online. Wouldn't surprise me if a local station did that.