Question about new imac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Considering that tomm. is the day the new imac will be released when do you long time mac customers believe the imac will be available for purchase on both the net and store. I wish to purchase the new imac as my first apple and want to be able to get adjusted to it before school starts. Which method (net or apple store) would be the fastest on which I could get it. Thanks insiders cant wait to get my first apple

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    The new iMac will be available to order online by tomorrow afternoon.

Or give it a couple of days and you'll be able to pick one up at an Apple Store.

Alternatively...

if you meet me in the main elevator at Charles de Gaule aiport (Paris, France) I will be able to supply you with a "Pre-Release" model.

• Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpizzal View Post

Considering that tomm. is the day the new imac will be released when do you long time mac customers believe the imac will be available for purchase on both the net and store. I wish to purchase the new imac as my first apple and want to be able to get adjusted to it before school starts. Which method (net or apple store) would be the fastest on which I could get it. Thanks insiders cant wait to get my first apple

Usually the store will come down tomorrow during the presentation and go up when it is done with ordering right away. I am going to order through the store and I expect to have it by the end of the week.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post

Usually the store will come down tomorrow during the presentation and go up when it is done with ordering right away. I am going to order through the store and I expect to have it by the end of the week.

would u recomend a first time user buy it online or buy it through the apple store, online would be more convenient for me becuase apple store is about 2 hours away
  • Reply 4 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    No offense intended.... but until Apple makes their announcement nobody knows for sure **WHAT** the deal will be...

1: Apple will make a mac-centric announcement tomorrow....

2: Goto 1

Yea it's basically a 'dead on lock' (vegas odds 1:1) that tomorrow will bring about a new iMac.... aside form that... who knows. Sure it could be available on introduction.... but then again Apple **WARNED** that their next quarter earnings would be lower than expected... could it be a supply issue with new Mac models?!!? Who knows....

Hold yer breath... 10:AM PT isn't that far away!

Dave
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post

There's slight chance there will be a delay in availability, but that's more likely with the pro lines than with the iMac.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    15 hours to go!

Getting eager to maybe buy something tomorrow.

I really want a 24" screen of something.

Using a 20" iMac at present.

Don't really HAVE to upgrade but this damn design will probably make me do it.

• Reply 7 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski View Post

There's slight chance there will be a delay in availability, but that's more likely with the pro lines than with the iMac.

Alex, I'll take iMac G5's for 100!

Dave

Typo: G4 shoulda been G5...