New iMacs to shift investor focus back to Apple's Mac story

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I think it's hovered around 2-3% worldwide and like 5% US.

And for all of you out there predicting $200 per share by the end of the year (which would give it a market value of $177 billion, 2/3 the value MSFT (you might have heard of them - tiny company whose software (profit margin: 100%) runs the OTHER 95% of the world's PCs)) a sentence about Apple's market share should be glued to your monitor to remind you of the fact that there is such a thing as too much to pay for ANY stock.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Exciting to see the news focus back on the Mac.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webmail View Post

Well if you say so! I guess I'll just buy another 10,000 shares!!! Geeze if only I had read your post earlier!!!

Seriously, the market is at the tip-top right now, it's been slowly sliding the last few days, eventually there will be a recession. If I had to bet $5,000 I say the recession happens before Apple hits $200.

Actually, my money would be on a stock split around $150 ? $180. Say a 3-for-2 or a 2-for-1.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"A 13-inch MacBook Pro model featuring an ultra-portable, lightweight enclosure is also a possibility," he wrote.

Is he just giving an extra guess just in case..?

A small light weight notebook or tablet from Apple.. I would be all over it. Many other manufacturers has got decent lightweight PC's already, why is Apple lagging behind? I guess they're trying to do something spectacular.. Like the first useable touch-tablet or something like that. I'd be happy with just a "MacBook thin" though.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    maxx66maxx66 Posts: 41member
    Im not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the threads on this new iMac yet, but am I the only one who has a problem with an aluminum iMac? The current white plastic for consumer and metal for pro machines is a very clean divide that works well, so unless this new iMac is introduced as a pro model, I really think it makes no sense at all for it to go against the style they have going here. It would seem like a very un-apple move to me..
  • Reply 46 of 46
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxx66 View Post

Im not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the threads on this new iMac yet, but am I the only one who has a problem with an aluminum iMac? The current white plastic for consumer and metal for pro machines is a very clean divide that works well, so unless this new iMac is introduced as a pro model, I really think it makes no sense at all for it to go against the style they have going here. It would seem like a very un-apple move to me..

Maybe the ACDs have looked odd next to the iMacs.

Vinea