Leaked specifications for NEW iMacs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

As we all know, the Swedes have been a bountiful source of Apple rumors over the past decades.... given that with the fact that the two iMac models listed both have the same price.... I have no choice but to believe em....

D

How cute!

The price says in english: 1000 SEK less then todays price. That would be about $100 less then todays pris.

To help you translate that further would it mean that both models will get a price cut of proberly $100. Sounds ok to me.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Just a bump up to the next processor speed in the list certainly isn't a large speed bump in my opinion. If this is going to be a new design, it needs to wow us. 2GB RAM, nVidia 8600GT etc. I'm not in the market for an iMac, I'm in the MacPro demographic, but I do think it's time Apple took the iMac up a notch to appeal to entry level Pro users. Either that of provide them with the mini tower they have been asking for.

I agree 100%. I'm a PC person who has been looking for an "in" to get a good Mac. In August 2006 I built a 2.6 Core2Duo PC with 7950 GX2 SLI video card and 2 gig 800MHz ram for about $2000. As much as I'd like to try a Mac, I'm hesitant about paying more, 1 year later, for an older, slower machine than I've already had for a year. Apple isn't making it easy for me to switch! My only upgrade is a $4600 Mac Pro which is more cores but no faster on most software because the slower Ram counteracts the faster processor, and most software can't utilize multicores yet. I'd like to see a mini pro with a 3.0 gig quad Core2 in it, an 8800 GPU, and faster Ram so I'm not slowing down.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    price starts at $1399???

400 more from entry model today? (999)

fAKE!
  • Reply 24 of 36
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Those specs look wrong to me. My opinion; It's either bulshit or Apple is totally blowing it again.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

price starts at $1399???

fAKE!

about 3 hours
  • Reply 26 of 36
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Not really. I would expect them to have the C2D 2.6GHz in the 24"er and possibly a choice of either the 2.6GHz or the 2.4GHz in the 20" model.

If you're referring to the mobile cpu 2.6 ghz ( I assume you are), that's a $900 part. Not likely to make it into a consumer machine.

Frankly this is what I expect. Since the transition to Intel, the iMac and MBP have had similar specs and performance. I don't see this changing.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

price starts at $1399???

fAKE!

entry model (CTO) is about $999 ....

Same that Mac Pro, you order CTO machine if you want cheaper mac. $1399 is basic imac 20". You buy 2GHz prosessor, combo drive and you dont need BT and Airport = price is $999
  • Reply 28 of 36
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blindeyex View Post

entry model (CTO) is about $999 ....

Same that Mac Pro, you order CTO machine if you want cheaper mac. $1399 is basic imac 20". You buy 2GHz prosessor, combo drive and you dont need BT and Airport = price is $999

got it.

2 hours and 30 mins to go.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:

Not really. I would expect them to have the C2D 2.6GHz in the 24"er and possibly a choice of either the 2.6GHz or the 2.4GHz in the 20" model.

Just a bump up to the next processor speed in the list certainly isn't a large speed bump in my opinion. If this is going to be a new design, it needs to wow us. 2GB RAM, nVidia 8600GT etc. I'm not in the market for an iMac, I'm in the MacPro demographic, but I do think it's time Apple took the iMac up a notch to appeal to entry level Pro users. Either that of provide them with the mini tower they have been asking for.

The 2.6ghz chip is a extreme model that costs $300 more than the 2.4ghz model. You'd be looking at one expensive iMac. I agree anyone who isn't either a basic user or a super pro isn't served very well by Apple right now.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rank Xerox View Post

According to the Swedish MacWorld have they recieved the new specifications of the new iMac and the Mac mini

IMAC 20/2.4/1GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-SWE MA877S/A

20 tum

2,4 Ghz (2,16 GHz)

1 GB minne (1 GB)

320 GB hårddisk (250 GB)

Pris: Cirka 1000 kronor mindre än idag.

IMAC 24/2.4/1GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-SWE MA878S/A

24 tum

2,4 Ghz (2,16 GHz)

1 GB minne (1 GB)

320 GB hårddisk (250 GB)

Pris: Cirka 1000 kronor mindre än idag.

MMINI 2.0C2D/120/SD-SWE MB139S/A

2.0 GhZ (1,66 resp. 1,83 GHz)

Core2duo

120 GB

Pris: 6500-7000 kronor (6000-8000 kr)

17-tums-iMacen verkar försvinna helt ur sortimentet.

The figures within the brackets is the current specifications before upgrading.

The last comment says that it seems like the 17" will be removed from the list.

It seems the price for the iMacs will be cut with $100, and $50-100 for the Mac mini.

Link:http://macworld.idg.se/2.1038/1.115587

So far (regarding the iMac) was the Swedish source correct (been unable to check what the new price will be though).

"The new iMac is being offered in three basic configurations: An $1,199 model with 20-inch display, 2.0GHz processor, 250GB hard disk; a $1,499 model clocked at 2.4GHz with a 320GB drive for4 $1,499, and a 24-inch model for $1,799."

Now are we only waiting to see if the claim about the Mac mini was correct as well.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Anyone who dare to tell what the new ATI Radeon HD 2400XT card could be compared with?

Is it correct to assume it is DirectX10 competable (when using BootCamp)? The 2600XT card is according to ATi.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Anyone who dare to tell what the new ATI Radeon HD 2400XT card could be compared with?

Is it correct to assume it is DirectX10 competable (when using BootCamp)? The 2600XT card is according to ATi.

ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series - GPU Specifications

ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Feature Summary

180 million transistors on 65nm fabrication process

64-bit DDR2/GDDR3 memory interface

Unified Superscalar Shader Architecture

40 stream processing units

Dynamic load balancing and resource allocation for vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders

Common instruction set and texture unit access supported for all types of shaders

Dedicated branch execution units and texture address processors

128-bit floating point precision for all operations

Command processor for reduced CPU overhead

Shader instruction and constant caches

Up to 16 texture fetches per clock cycle

Up to 128 textures per pixel

Fully associative vertex/texture cache design

DXTC and 3Dc+ texture compression

High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)

Fully associative texture & Z/stencil cache designs

Early Z test, Re-Z, Z Range optimization, and Fast Z Clear

Lossless Z & stencil compression

8 render targets (MRTs) with anti-aliasing support

Physics processing support

Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10

Shader Model 4.0

Geometry Shaders

Stream Output

Integer and Bitwise Operations

Alpha to Coverage

Constant Buffers

State Objects

Texture Arrays

Dynamic Geometry Acceleration

Programmable tessellation unit

Accelerated geometry shader path for geometry amplification

Memory read/write cache for improved stream output performance

Anti-aliasing features

Multi-sample anti-aliasing (up to 4 samples per pixel)

Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing (CFAA) for improved quality

Adaptive super-sampling and multi-sampling

Temporal anti-aliasing

Gamma correct

Super AA (CrossFire configurations only)

All anti-aliasing features compatible with HDR rendering

Texture filtering features

2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes (up to 128 taps per pixel)

128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering

Bicubic filtering

sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)

Percentage Closer Filtering (PCF)

Depth & stencil texture (DST) format support

Shared exponent HDR (RGBE 9:9:9:5) texture format support

CrossFire™ Multi-GPU Technology

Scale up rendering performance and image quality with 2 or more GPUs

Integrated compositing engine

High performance dual channel interconnect

ATI Avivo™ HD Video and Display Platform

Dedicated unified video decoder (UVD) for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats

High definition (HD) playback of both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats

Hardware MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/DivX video decode acceleration

Motion compensation and iDCT (inverse discrete cosine transform)

Avivo Video Post Processor

Color space conversion

Chroma subsampling format conversion

Horizontal and vertical scaling

Gamma correction

High Quality Video Post Processing

Advanced vector adaptive per-pixel de-interlacing

De-blocking and noise reduction filtering \\

Detail enhancement

Inverse telecine (2:2 and 3:2 pull-down correction)

Bad edit correction

Two independent display controllers

Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays for each display

Full 30-bit display processing

Programmable piecewise linear gamma correction, color correction, and color space conversion

Spatial/temporal dithering provides 30-bit color quality on 24-bit and 18-bit displays

High quality pre- and post-scaling engines, with underscan support for all display outputs

Content-adaptive de-flicker filtering for interlaced displays

Fast, glitch-free mode switching

Hardware cursor

Two integrated DVI display outputs

Primary supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)1

Secondary supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI only)1

Each includes a dual-link HDCP encoder with on-chip key storage for high resolution playback of protected content2

Two integrated 400 MHz 30-bit RAMDACs

Each supports analog displays connected by VGA at all resolutions up to 2048x15361

HDMI output support

Supports all display resolutions up to 1920x10801

Integrated HD audio controller with multi-channel (5.1) AC3 support, enabling a plug-and-play cable-less audio solution

Integrated AMD Xilleon™ HDTV encoder

Provides high quality analog TV output (component/S-video/composite)

Supports SDTV and HDTV resolutions

Underscan and overscan compensation

MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264/AVC encoding and transcoding

Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video in real time

VGA mode support on all display outputs

PCI Express x16 bus interface

OpenGL 2.0 support
  • Reply 33 of 36
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Bootcamp being a MBR loader has nothing to do with whether or not DirectX 10 is on. That would be a deal with the motherboard firmware/bios and the device driver from AMD/ATi for whatever Windows version you're running.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Endaget commenting live from the Event says this about the Mac mini.

"10:14AM: Note that the Mac mini is still pictured as part of Apple's product line."

Tim Cook, Apple COO confirms that "We're refreshing the Mac mini today."

The Swedish source was right on the money.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:

All Radeon X2000 series and Geforce 8000 series and up will be DX10 compatible. The 2400XT should be better than the GF 7400, and maybe roughly equivalent to the x1600 in the CD iMacs and MBPs. It's not going to beat a top-end x1600, and a x1900 will slaughter it.

The first number tells you what generation it is. ATi chips are on X2--- generation. Any chip called X2-whatever will have certain features (unified shader, DX 10, some sort of video decode thing). Ditto the GF 8--- series.

Generally, anything with a 3 or a 4 as the second number (7300, 2400, etc.) is low-end or low-mid-range. Something with a 6 in that spot (like a x1600) is a mid-range chip, and anything with a 8 or 9 (like the X1900 in the Mac Pros) is high end.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski View Post

All Radeon X2000 series and Geforce 8000 series and up will be DX10 compatible. The 2400XT should be better than the GF 7400, and maybe roughly equivalent to the x1600 in the CD iMacs and MBPs. It's not going to beat a top-end x1600, and a x1900 will slaughter it.

The first number tells you what generation it is. ATi chips are on X2--- generation. Any chip called X2-whatever will have certain features (unified shader, DX 10, some sort of video decode thing). Ditto the GF 8--- series.

Generally, anything with a 3 or a 4 as the second number (7300, 2400, etc.) is low-end or low-mid-range. Something with a 6 in that spot (like a x1600) is a mid-range chip, and anything with a 8 or 9 (like the X1900 in the Mac Pros) is high end.

Great answer. That was the type of answer and even more I wanted to see.

Thanks alot.