iTunes 3! Yippee!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Sorry, I take my music too seriously! When can I get it - I want it now!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 78
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    I like the smart playlists!, and the playcounts, i'm anal about listening to all my tunes the same amounts.
  • Reply 2 of 78
    "free download at Apple.com today"
  • Reply 3 of 78
    Hold on - I might be able to afford an iPod soon now too! Even better!
  • Reply 4 of 78
    Downloading now!

They should've done something nicer to the icon for the new version, IMO. Maybe change the eighth notes to sixteenth notes or something. A simple hue shift just seems, well, tacky.

just my...

• Reply 5 of 78
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Wow, those playlist features blew me away, quite a pleasant surprise. Oh, and "one more thing"....

Where the FVCK is AAC in iTunes and the iPod?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 78
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Edit:

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: Telomar ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 78
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    If quicktime supports it, iTunes supports it. It might not be able to rip to it, but it'll play/burn it.
  • Reply 8 of 78
    Has any one noticed that the brushed metal has changed its more subtle and nicer to look at
  • Reply 9 of 78
    Oh, and if you can't get the download from Apple, I've put it up on my iDisk public folder. My iDisk name is starfleet.
  • Reply 10 of 78
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    MusicMatch has AutoDJ which works just like the smart playlists in iTunes. It's a great feature.
  • Reply 11 of 78
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy:

<strong>Has any one noticed that the brushed metal has changed its more subtle and nicer to look at</strong><hr></blockquote>

I definately noticed that it looks a lot better, but what exactly is different about it? I just can't quite figure it out.
  • Reply 12 of 78
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatik:

<strong>Wow, those playlist features blew me away, quite a pleasant surprise. Oh, and "one more thing"....

Where the FVCK is AAC in iTunes and the iPod?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Steve started the keynote about standards, MP3 among them. They've made the decision that standards win over better technology -- for right now. I'm confident iTunes 3.1 (or 4) will support AAC encoding.

Screed
  • Reply 13 of 78
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy:

<strong>Has any one noticed that the brushed metal has changed its more subtle and nicer to look at</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, i didn't notice that until I saw your post. It is much better.
  • Reply 14 of 78
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    I like the new brushed metal look better than the old. It has more of that plastic look. If it was in a car, people would be pissed, but since this is a computer, it looks better than the "real" looking metal of iTunes 2.
  • Reply 15 of 78
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    i tried to download and it won't download anyway i saw where the button links too and if anyone has problems here it is

<a href="http://a1408.g.akamai.net/7/1408/1388/20020715/akamai.info.apple.com/iTunes3/us/osx/061-0035.20020717.912se/iTunes3.dmg.bin"; target="_blank">http://a1408.g.akamai.net/7/1408/1388/20020715/akamai.info.apple.com/iTunes3/us/osx/061-0035.20020717.912se/iTunes3.dmg.bin</a>;

I suppose u could download link to disk thats what i did

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: O and A ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 78
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    sCreeD, since QuickTime 6 is "part of the OS" and an "underlying architecture" yada yada, why is it so hard to get MP4 into iTunes/iPod?

I guess it's because it took so long to get the licensing worked out? But they released the QT6 preview :confused:

I mean, 8,000 songs in your pocket (MP4) sounds better than 4,000 sounds in your pocket.
  • Reply 17 of 78
    Anyone else with this problem?

I downloaded iTunes 3, restarted my computer and now all of my Mozilla bookmarks are gone!

WTF happened?
  • Reply 18 of 78
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by pi radians:

<strong>Anyone else with this problem?

I downloaded iTunes 3, restarted my computer and now all of my Mozilla bookmarks are gone!

WTF happened?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I haven't had any problems so far. I didn't restart my computer though.
  • Reply 19 of 78
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The new brushed metal matches QT 6, iPhoto, etc. now. It's been "standardized" in Interface Builder.

There are a lot of nice little changes with iTunes 3, including using the Music folder in your OS X home folder, being able to transfer and organize yor stuff into the new arrangement, allowing you to organize your folder, or let iTunes do the work. It added a horizontal scrollbar to the main window too. And the visualizer is farking incredible now -- looks amazing and smooth as silk -- ah, it uses OpenGL now (there's a checkbox in the visuals' Options window). The preferences have been revised to use an Aqua toolbar, and they have a cleaner layout.
  • Reply 20 of 78
    did this happen to any one else itunes and the rest of my system`s sounds are like 25% louder then before...