.mac question about multiple email accounts

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i have a possibly silly question....at home we have 5 separate email accounts (one for each family member) attached to one main user account...we had this with earthlink when we were on dialup, and now with comcast since we are on cable...so does this work with .mac??? or would we pay 500 a year??? i might pay the $99 a year is we got multiple email accounts attached to one main user, but not $500...especially since i don't need 5 copies of backup nor 5 copies of virex, and not even 500 mb of home page space.....any thoughts??? or do i lose the itools account? thanks g

dang, and i was just getting used to webmail...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    dunno... I'd also like to see a counter included for the things that are accessed... help all of us site-hosters
  • Reply 2 of 8
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    I believe it's $99 and then each additional email account is $10. The original email account get's 15mb of storage...the $10 additions get 5mb of storage.

I'm pretty positive this is how it works

As for the counter on your site... I believe that is an option already. I'm positive I've seen it on peoples sites that used itool/.mac now
  • Reply 2 of 8
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    this looks promising....<a href="http://help.apple.com/mac/5/help/mail/pgs/mac43.htm"; target="_blank">web page</a>

if this is true i can keep one account with iDisk and stuff for 99 and change the others to email only free accounts...that would be ok, not up and running yet though...g
  • Reply 4 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    TheGelding, you pay $10 a year for each e-mail only account.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Wait, there ARE email-only accounts? I'd pay $10 a year for one of those. Not $100 a year or $50 a year, but for $10, sure. Mac.com mail is really good.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    No, that's on top of the mandatory .Mac subscription. So, you get one .Mac subscription and up to 10 e-mail addresses at $10 each. You can also increase your mail disk quota and iDisk quota for extra $$$ on top of the $99 yearly subscription.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    You know, it's only $49 for people who had iTools accounts. That makes a big difference. We're all saying "$100 is too much" when no one's actually been CHARGED $100.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Email addresses with 5 MB storage should be available for ~10 bucks a year, or whatever they deem necessary to offset the cost of offering their email service.

I really do think that newcomers to personal computing ought to have access to a mac.com email address free for a year. Buy a mac, get a free email account for a year. Welcome to the internet.

Is that too much to ask?

I understand Apple charging 100 bucks a year for all dem services, but there needs to be a "way out" for people using mac.com as their primary email address, as well as a way to offer the perks of the internet to computer first-timers.