Safari 2.0.4 (419.3) Ctrl-click not working

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi All,

I'm on 10.4.10 with Safari 2.0.4 (419.3). Somehow, I've lost the ability to ctrl-click on a link in Safari, doing it does _nothing_. This happened weeks and weeks ago, and I've been searching for an answer to no avail. Today I was on another Mac and opened Safari and tried ctrl-clicking on a link and I got the expected menu...

Does anybody know how I might regain the old behaviour?

Many thanks,

bk

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bxxkbxxk Posts: 5member
    ... really? A whole day goes by and no one knows how to make the contextual menu (or whatever ctrl-clicking is called) work again in Safari links? Has no one else seen this?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Why aren't you using Safari 3 ?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Why aren't you using Safari 3 ?

I tried it and it was too flakey for me...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bxxk View Post

I tried it and it was too flakey for me...

3.0.3 just came out last week, it's fairly solid now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

3.0.3 just came out last week, it's fairly solid now.

But I don't want to go to Safari 3 yet... I just want my old functionality back, and I can't figure out how to do that. Of course I've trashed prefs etc etc, but there must be something else wrong...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bxxk View Post

But I don't want to go to Safari 3 yet... I just want my old functionality back, and I can't figure out how to do that. Of course I've trashed prefs etc etc, but there must be something else wrong...

The answer, for the next poor bugger who has this problem is to delete any vestiges of Pith Helmut, reinstall safari from the OS DVD, re-run the combo update and with all of this done I finally got contextual menus back when I ctrl-click a link...