iSync and Bluetooth

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok. I have Sprint PCS service and none of their phones support bluetooth. I know they sell a desk charger for most phones that hooks up to your computer.

Do you think iSync will be able to talk to my phone through that? Or is it bluetooth only?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    bluejekyllbluejekyll Posts: 103member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jay Contonio:

<strong>Ok. I have Sprint PCS service and none of their phones support bluetooth. I know they sell a desk charger for most phones that hooks up to your computer.

Do you think iSync will be able to talk to my phone through that? Or is it bluetooth only?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The actual interface shouldn't matter much. The problem is the driver. Who's going to write it? Apple's been doing a lot of that recently, but I wonder how much motivation they are going to have to do that. Especially with the older phones.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Maby I'm wrong, but coldn't you buy a bluetooth phone and switch the funky chips-card things later. I did that all the time and the phones still work.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    yurin8oryurin8or Posts: 120member
    in addition to driver support on the pc side, your phone needs syncML support...