iLife 08 slow?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is it just me, or is iLife 08 really slow for everyone else?

I have a 1.66Ghz Mini with 1.25G of RAM and I'm working on a really fast external drive. iLife 07 worked very very smoothly.

But now? iPhoto is slow and jerky. Garageband gets slow if I play with effects, to the point where I have to quit and restart it (and then it's back to fast for a while!) And the less said about the performance of the new iMovie, the better!

Is it just me? Are these just bugs that'll hopefully be addressed at some point? Mmmrr?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jethro1138 View Post

I have a 1.66Ghz Mini with 1.25G of RAM and I'm working on a really fast external drive. iLife 07 worked very very smoothly.

But now? iPhoto is slow and jerky. Garageband gets slow if I play with effects, to the point where I have to quit and restart it (and then it's back to fast for a while!) And the less said about the performance of the new iMovie, the better!

Is it just me? Are these just bugs that'll hopefully be addressed at some point? Mmmrr?

yea it is really slow for me to
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by randyjohnston View Post

yea it is really slow for me to

What kind of hardware are you on? Similar to mine or even better? (:
  • Reply 3 of 6
    i have 1.83 GHz intel core duo

1 GB Memory

Quote:

• Reply 4 of 6
    Well, that just sucks then. I hope they fix it!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    so do i, i had a lot of friends look at my i web sight and said it was slow. i dont have much on it, just more of a test page but it is slow. i thought it was me doing something wrong

Quote:

Well, that just sucks then. I hope they fix it!

• Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

I have a 1.66Ghz Mini with 1.25G of RAM and I'm working on a really fast external drive. iLife 07 worked very very smoothly...

LIAR!