Disgruntled Apple Fans UNITE !

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 103
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

well the middle has the most people, most of the time, so apple has the biggest market.

The middle portion is indeed the largest segment, which is why having a one-size fits all model isn't a very good idea. If you have a men's clothes shop that caters to people from midgets to giants, you don't offer the middle set of clothes with nothing but pink flowers on them. Some people will buy them but only a very niche set of the population.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duddits

You could get a new mac mini and a cinema display, or if you need more power, a mac pro and a cinema display. I assume your answer is the mini isn't powerful enough, and the pro is too expensive. But that's the price of not being in the middle. If you're not in the middle, you're in the bottom or the top.

I think you mean that's the price of Apple not satisfying the middle - they force you into either the bottom or the top or away from their computers altogether. This is the same kind of thinking surrounding the original cube, people aren't buying therefore they don't want it. It's simply they don't want what's on offer because the product is wrong.
  • Reply 102 of 103
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

The middle portion is indeed the largest segment, which is why having a one-size fits all model isn't a very good idea. If you have a men's clothes shop that caters to people from midgets to giants, you don't offer the middle set of clothes with nothing but pink flowers on them

Computers and clothes are not analogous at all.
  • Reply 103 of 103
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

You won't have to get a Windows box. My WoW is running under Bootcamp with XP. The game plays better through Bootcamp on my macbook than it does natively on a macbook pro. No joke. Almost all my settings are turned up. And apparently Bootcamp will be standard as of Leopard.When I'm not gaming I simply flip back to mac os

4Metta,

Have you tried running WoW in OSX? It runs better than bootcamp. The installation is off the same CDs. Been working great on my iMac for some time now.