Emails disappearing after being read

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
After I read my email on iPhone, and go back to read them later - some of the messages say "This message has not been downloaded from the server." Other messages stay in there for me to read later. Anybody know what causes this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    It sounds like you are downloading POP mail to your computer after you read it on your iPhone.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

It sounds like you are downloading POP mail to your computer after you read it on your iPhone.

I thought so too, but other emails that I have done the same with don't have the problem. I can't be the only one with this problem.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NewMacMan View Post

I thought so too, but other emails that I have done the same with don't have the problem. I can't be the only one with this problem.

You are giving no information. Which protocol are the accounts for which you have this problem and which protocol are the accounts for which you don't? Do you have the problem for some messages in a particular account and not for others in the same account?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

You are giving no information. Which protocol are the accounts for which you have this problem and which protocol are the accounts for which you don't? Do you have the problem for some messages in a particular account and not for others in the same account?

They are all the same account: POP3 (Earthlink). That's why I'm puzzled, some I can go back and read, and some I can't.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NewMacMan View Post

They are all the same account: POP3 (Earthlink). That's why I'm puzzled, some I can go back and read, and some I can't.

OK. Are you accessing your mail from multiple computers?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Just the desktop PC and the iPhone.