iPhone; What software update v1.1 should be, but wont.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Not one to normally ask for diggs, in fact I never have on AI, but I think the more people see this, the better chance Apple might. So, digg it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    I am with you on the 1. Search 2. Chat 3. Widgets would be hot too if it had dictionary. I think however that the iTunes would be redundant since the ipod function is on the first screen. A widget for shortcuts could be hot...

Good ideas however.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Opps, I forgot. A prominent "To Do List or Task" should figure in the Top 3 additions. If they want this phone to penetrate business, it is a must. While the consumer applications are great, as owners of this phone we will gain more if serious road warriors like I am have this phone as an extension of ourselves.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutumiles1 View Post

I am with you on the 1. Search 2. Chat 3. Widgets would be hot too if it had dictionary. I think however that the iTunes would be redundant since the ipod function is on the first screen. A widget for shortcuts could be hot...

Good ideas however.

Widgets are where; to do, notes, maps, dictionary and unit converter etc. would reside.

iTunes icon is for the iTunes store, works over Edge, but works better over WiFi. Specially tailored interface designed for iPhone. You can buy songs from anywhere and it syncs back with iTunes on your computer when you dock.

Now digg it please!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    Exactly - I think that ATT will not be going back to the Cingular name. I guess the question is, why does it matter? Do you not like the ATT name?
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

Exactly - I think that ATT will not be going back to the Cingular name. I guess the question is, why does it matter? Do you not like the ATT name?

Please don't say lame things.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Please don't say lame things.

What do you ever mean? You said what it should look like after the 1.1 update, and the tag is now shows Cingular, not AT&T.

How is that lame? I don't get why you included it in the first place.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

What do you ever mean? You said what it should look like after the 1.1 update, and the tag is now shows Cingular, not AT&T.

How is that lame? I don't get why you included it in the first place.

Lame x2.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    A stock widget that knows that worldwide markets are open instead of just saying 'Markets Closed'. Also to be able to sort the stocks
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Why would I Digg a concept that's not fully thought out?

1. They are all widgets, what does your widget icon do?

2. There is already an iPod function, why do you need the iTunes icon?

3. An illustration with no explanation wont sell anything.

4. Don't ask for something and then call the responses lame.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbsstunta View Post

Why would I Digg a concept that's not fully thought out?

1. They are all widgets, what does your widget icon do?

2. There is already an iPod function, why do you need the iTunes icon?

3. An illustration with no explanation wont sell anything.

4. Don't ask for something and then call the responses lame.

I explained those points already in this thread, read my comments.

I called lame cause all he could come up with was the fact that the AT&T LOGO wasn't there. To be frank, it was more immature than lame actually, but whatevers Loca

P.S. don't tell me what to do
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

P.S. don't tell me what to do

That was both lame and immature.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

That was both lame and immature.

No it was stating the obvious. You're comment however was unoriginal.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quicken should be on the iPhone. I had Pocket Quicken on my Treo 650 and... and I miss it!

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

No it was stating the obvious. You're comment however was unoriginal.

It was more redundant than unoriginal.

That notwithstanding, you need to think your concept out more. The iTunes store should be rolled into the iPod functionality, for example. How will A allow for grouping of Widgets. Will there just be a single catch-all "folder", Widgets in your example, or will we be able to name them anything we want? Will we be able to have as many groups, Widgets and Games in your example, as we want? If the latter is the case will Apple supply stock icons to choose from; I can't see having blank or duplicate folder icons on the home screen? I wonder if there will be set category names with set icons which will only appear on the home screen if you put something in them. I do agree with Spotlight though.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

It was more redundant than unoriginal.

That notwithstanding, you need to think your concept out more. The iTunes store should be rolled into the iPod functionality, for example. How will A allow for grouping of Widgets. Will there just be a single catch-all "folder", Widgets in your example, or will we be able to name them anything we want? Will we be able to have as many groups, Widgets and Games in your example, as we want? If the latter is the case will Apple supply stock icons to choose from; I can't see having blank or duplicate folder icons on the home screen? I wonder if there will be set category names with set icons which will only appear on the home screen if you put something in them. I do agree with Spotlight though.

You tap dashboard (on the iPhone) and all the widgets reside in their on a screen with a black background just like the home screen, job done.