what browser do you guys use?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

I use Safari but sometimes if I'm ripping a youtube video or something I have to use Firefox to download it directly.

Huh? I thought Safari was the easiest browser to use in this respect? Open your YouTube page, click on Window->Activity, find the video in the list (should be the only one in the MB range), and double-click it. Safari will then download the file.

How do you do it in Firefox?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    My guess would be that he is using this extension.

But thanks for mentioning the Safari way. I wasn't aware that double-clicking something in the activity window starts a download.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Yup. It used to come bundled on all new Macs before Safari came out. Can't remember if there was any overlap. The last version was 5.2.3, it is PPC-only and still works under Rosetta on 10.4.10 for Intel.

it would be in your best interest to delete that one off the hard drive now. No one uses it and Microsoft doesn't support it.

I used Camino, but migrated to Firefox for the features (extentions), stability and speed. The only quibble would be the buttons not conforming to Aqua or whatever you call it now.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

it would be in your best interest to delete that one off the hard drive now.

I think not. I still have some stuff saved in its scrapbook (excellent feature that it's a shame no-one has fully replicated). I don't ever use it for browsing - like I said I use OmniWeb.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I use WebKit nightly builds.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I use Safari 3 latest beta and Firefox latest stable.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Firefox is the perfect browser for me... I'm always running the latest Bon Echo. Safari is too limited in functionality and features.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Yeah, you know, that browser made by Microsoft.

Ya mean this one?

Let me ask you this: How much programming talent does it take to have an error in line 7?