When Will Apople Drop the New Mac Pro?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Like the title says.

When do you think it will fall from the tree?

And, as always, no wagering, please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    MWSF is my bet. But it could chime in around Leopards release. If not expect a brand new Mac Pro at MWSF.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

MWSF is my bet. But it could chime in around Leopards release. If not expect a brand new Mac Pro at MWSF.

Yep, that's what got my vote. Would love it if my next box came out in October or November, but realistically don't expect to see it before January.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I hope no later than November.

Time to get my tax deductions of the year going! :-)
  • Reply 4 of 32
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    I'm guessing they either get the new chip early or the all 8-core lineup debuts at MWSF.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

I'm guessing they either get the new chip early or the all 8-core lineup debuts at MWSF.

My first feeling was that the Mac Pro would get the most attention at MWSF, but also that the penryn-Xeons would be available late, late 2007. Given this new information about the Xeons being launched mid-november, I kinda hope that the Mac Pro would be released late november/early december and that the focus of MWSF would turn too more "consumer oriented" computers, if you see what I mean...
  • Reply 6 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjteix View Post

My first feeling was that the Mac Pro would get the most attention at MWSF, but also that the penryn-Xeons would be available late, late 2007. Given this new information about the Xeons being launched mid-november, I kinda hope that the Mac Pro would be released late november/early december and that the focus of MWSF would turn too more "consumer oriented" computers, if you see what I mean...

Like others have said, Apple could also get the first crack at the Penryn Xeons and have them debut along side Leopard
  • Reply 7 of 32
    bg_nycbg_nyc Posts: 189member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Like others have said, Apple could also get the first crack at the Penryn Xeons and have them debut along side Leopard

Does Apple ever take 'first crack' at anything? Whats the track record on being the first to use a cutting-edge component?
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bg_nyc View Post

Does Apple ever take 'first crack' at anything? Whats the track record on being the first to use a cutting-edge component?

3.0ghz Quad Core Xeon X5365 (Mac Pro)

2.8ghz Core 2 Extreme X7900 (iMac)
  • Reply 9 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bg_nyc View Post

15 inch LED backlights ?
  • Reply 10 of 32
    They wait until the pro G92 cards are out from nvidia, probably november or somthing.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjteix View Post

I kinda hope that the Mac Pro would be released late november/early december and that the focus of MWSF would turn too more "consumer oriented" computers, if you see what I mean...

hehehehehe

One thing to take notice is, if Apple is planning to redesign the enclosure for the MacPro I would expect Steve to make a big deal of it. So I would think a special event before the end of the year or then at MWSF.

If the enclosure still the same and displays as well, then maybe just an ordinary Tuesday announcement IMHO before the year's end.

At MWSF it will depend on what Steve has under the sleeve to announce there. With iLife and iWork out of the way, maybe the focus will be entirely on hardware. I would predict there perhaps the ultra-portable, AppleTV 2.0 and iPhone nano. That would be a lot to talk about.

We'll see.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    How could a computer look better than the current Mac Pro?

Maybe hidden ports, but that's about it.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stutenkerl View Post

How could a computer look better than the current Mac Pro?

Maybe hidden ports, but that's about it.

If it was a tad shorter it would look better to me.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

If it was a tad shorter it would look better to me.

I thought it was all a matter of size?
  • Reply 15 of 32
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

I thought it was all a matter of size?

It is. And something to large can't fit in my small hole (of my cabinet).
  • Reply 16 of 32
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    I don't see a new Mac Pro coming out until January next year, it's possible it could come out before Christmas but unlikely imo.
  • Reply 17 of 32
    Not everyone is a big fan of the handles.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Most of us are fans of the handles. Musicians mostly. Dragging a Mac Pro into the studio, on the road, or anywhere was a pain before the G3 had handles.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Who's Apople?
  • Reply 20 of 32
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Who's Apople?

The clumsy Italian removal man.

I don't see what the fuss is about the Mac Pro, it's too big and expensive for most people. I don't care if they never update it again because I'm never going to pay for a monstrosity like that to sit at my desk.

Penryn in November would be great for a smaller version though ( "Penryn uses less power under maximum load than Conroe does at idle" ). Wouldn't that make a nice Christmas present?