Which iLife App Do You Use Most?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Simple question. Give your best answer, even if two apps tie. Maybe in that case vote for the one most important to you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Close tie between iPhoto and iMovie (and yeah, I now mean '08), but I use iPhoto to prep daily presentations for my boss, so it won.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    I thought iTunes and Safari were part of this? no?

Appart from those its Quick time and iPhoto for me
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

Appart from those its Quick time and iPhoto for me

Where did you get that idea?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    IPhoto. I really don't use the other four that much.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    iPhoto hands down. The only one I don't use is garage band
  • Reply 6 of 17
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

I believe that iTunes used to be included in iLife as recently as version '05. AFAIK, Safari was always a part of OS X.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Part of iLife: iTunes, yes, Safari, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILife#Releases
  • Reply 8 of 17
    iTunes is the real winner, of course. It's not even worth putting in the poll. I use it to listen to my songs, but also to a bunch of podcasts and internet radio stations.

Otherwise, order of usage:

1. iCal

2. iPhoto

3. iMovie

I haven't ever run the others.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    iPhoto is the clear winner for me. I've been using iDVD a lot lately though and I have to say I enjoy that program the most at this point.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I chose iTunes.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    iTunes isn't a part of iLife.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Only one vote for iMovie so far... with the vociferous nature of posts in another thread, one could believe that people depended more upon iMovie for their survival than their own circulatory systems.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

iTunes isn't a part of iLife.

LOL, noob. That's all you think.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    I guess you're joking, but iTunes is now part of Mac OS X. Nowhere on the new iLife site is iTunes mentioned as being part of iLife '08.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

I guess you're joking, but iTunes is now part of Mac OS X. Nowhere on the new iLife site is iTunes mentioned as being part of iLife '08.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/

Yet it still comes with iLife '08 as well as quicktime. They both are there for the latest version update.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    For the purposes of this poll I left iTunes out because it's not really part of iLife and it would have been the clear winner anyway.

I also am surprised at the complete drought of votes for iMovie. However that's not to mean that nobody uses it; the voters just don't consider it their most used or most important app.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

For the purposes of this poll I left iTunes out because it's not really part of iLife and it would have been the clear winner anyway.

Well you are right that it would be the clear winner, so best to leave it out. Out of all the rest of apps I likely use iWeb mostly. It's important to me as it's the where I toy with any ideas I have, and I can also make page layout mock-ups very quickly.