Deleting a script?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I downloaded an evergy saving script a while back, and ran the script. I have since unchecked the box in Energy Saving Preferences that reads "Automatically reduce the brightness of the disaplay before display sleep", yet still after the keyboard or mouse remains untouched for about 5 minutes the display reduces in brightness by about 50% automatically. I'm thinking that this script is still coming into play, and making that action happen, but I'm not sure where this script resides.

Is this script causing the display to dim? Where would I find this script?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I have still yet to find this script to uninstall it. The display dimming is still annoying the crap out of me. I got the script from Automator.us at the time, I know not where it is.

Please help me somebody?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I'm not giving up and some help just yet.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Are you giving up on this Ireland? NEVER!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    The energy saving script was to help the planet, now looks what's happened! Waaaaaa...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Do you know what the script is called?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by details View Post

Do you know what the script is called?

Maybe it's called; Energy Saving Script, but that 'maybe' is part of the issue
  • Reply 7 of 10
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Maybe it's called; Energy Saving Script, but that 'maybe' is part of the issue

Forgive and stupid question below but...

1) Did you check your 'Login Items' for something not expected.

2) You might run 'sudo launchctl list' to show all items launched by launchd, incase the software installed an agent or daemon

2) You might check the usual suspect - /Library/Startupitems, /System/Library/StartupItems, ~/Library/StartupItems again to look for something unexpected.

Just some thoughts.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Search for *.scpt in Spotlight. Then browse the various scripts in your system to see if you can't find it. That's all I got.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Thanks guys for your help, I've still yet to source it. I'll try on find it on the Automator.us website to see it that will help things.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Fuck, I cannot find it on the Automator site, damn.