MacBook keyboard on the Pro?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
As I stood in the Apple store today wondering if MacBook Pro would be right for me, I couldn't help but notice that the keyboard on the Pro seems a little "outdated" compared to the MacBook.

Would there be any upgrade plans to get the MacBook keyboard on the MacBook Pro? Would that even make sense?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I'm now 99% positive that they will do this on the next revision, seeing that the MBP is the only keyboard in that style from Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    They should give the MacBook the iMac styling, and combine both the MacBook and the MacBook Pro., differentiating only in screen size. So if you want you could get a basic 13.3", 15.4" or 17". And then have a custom option to add in a powerful graphics card or large sized hard drives in any of the three models. Obviously all 3 models would have MacBook style keyboards and magnetic-latches.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    philbyphilby Posts: 124member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

They should give the MacBook the iMac styling, and combine both the MacBook and the MacBook Pro., differentiating only in screen size.

No, no, no... no horrible glossy screen for the Pro 'book, please.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby View Post

No, no, no... no horrible glossy screen for the Pro 'book, please.

That's where I'm stuck as well. If i get the MacBook configured my way it will cost me more than the basic Pro. Do I go for the 15" non-glossy or 13" glossy...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I yhink the MBP keyboard looks nicer and operates better.

I hope Apple does not do that.

it has a very non-pro look.

Very consumer electronics look to it.

As for the iMac style, it can be given to the Macbook, but no the Pro version please.

There should always be a consumer line and a pro line.

With differing stylings as well.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

I yhink the MBP keyboard looks nicer and operates better.

I hope Apple does not do that.

it has a very non-pro look.

Very consumer electronics look to it.

As for the iMac style, it can be given to the Macbook, but no the Pro version please.

There should always be a consumer line and a pro line.

With differing stylings as well.

Gotta go with you on that one. The MacBook Pro has one of the finest keyboards I've run across (and I go back to the old Northgate keyboards) -- I live on my keyboard doing scripts and novels, and it is probably the most important part of the computer for me (even over glossy vs. non-glossy). It was one of the things that sold me on the MBP (well, before it was even called that). Spent a day with a 2nd AD's, and got one immediately. The MacBook keyboard I could work on, but not with nearly the speed or comfort.