Default browser

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm still having problems with Firefox since I downloaded QuickTime player 7.2.

I would like to use Safari exclusively; however, whenever I click on a URL, Firefox rears its ugly head. I forget how it became the default browser. How do I make Safari my default browser?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Open the Safari preferences, there is an option there to set your default browser.

Alternatively, there is a nice 3rd party System Preference panel that can control this (and all sorts of other goodies):

http://macapper.com/2007/04/14/rdy-r...app-pref-pane/
  • Reply 2 of 7
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Open the Safari preferences, there is an option there to set your default browser.

Alternatively, there is a nice 3rd party System Preference panel that can control this (and all sorts of other goodies):

http://macapper.com/2007/04/14/rdy-r...app-pref-pane/

Done, done, and done!

Thanx Yama
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I'm back on track with Safari. Except for one problem, Safari is good. Unlike Firefox, If the Red delete button is clicked, ALL tabs are deleted. Is there a way to cause Safari to issue a warning before deleting everything?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I'm back on track with Safari. Except for one problem, Safari is good. Unlike Firefox, If the Red delete button is clicked, ALL tabs are deleted. Is there a way to cause Safari to issue a warning before deleting everything?

Preferences-->tabs-->confirm when closing multiple pages.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Huh? I don't have that option. But I'd love it. I'm on version 2.0.4 (419.3)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    That feature is only on the Safari 3 beta. You can get it from the Safari website.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

That feature is only on the Safari 3 beta. You can get it from the Safari website.

I'm using Panther, so, of course, I can't use Safari 3. However, by the end of '07, I'll have Leopard and Safari 3.

Thanks, bobmarksdale et al.