StreamRipperX

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all. I downloaded StreamRipperX with the intent to download some songs overnight. I can get it working with the radio stations from within the program but when I try and make my own station setting there it gives me stupid errors like "Make sure the stream is up". I got that message when the stream was already playing. The station i tried it with that wasnt included with the program is called WTMK Mario Radio. All Mario, All the Time!. Its site URL is <a href="http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/wtmk.shtml"; target="_blank">http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/wtmk.shtml</a>;

If anyone can figure out how i can rip that station Id be very grateful. Thanks.

BTW WTMK is NOT a Shoutcast station. Maybe thats y its not working. Ive read that you can get Live365 stations (like WTMK is) to rip but i havent figured out how to yet as i just downloaded the program tonight.

Thanks again,

Proud iBook Owner 2k2

[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Just in case you arent familiar with StreamRipper its a utility that takes internet radio streams and it saves each song as MP3s on your hard drive to future listening... ok G'night

• Reply 2 of 11

• Reply 3 of 11
    ANYONE?!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ANYONE!?!??!!!?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    who knows
  • Reply 6 of 11
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Sorry, but I have never used that program nor have I ever heard of a "Live365" station.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Does it work with the stations that iTunes uses? Oh and by the way anyone notice how lots of iTunes stations died? I assume that was because of the RIAA / bribed US government making that bill a while ago. I miss Music One in Electronica dammit! Eurodance is fine in a pinch but just not the same.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatik:

<strong>Does it work with the stations that iTunes uses? Oh and by the way anyone notice how lots of iTunes stations died? I assume that was because of the RIAA / bribed US government making that bill a while ago. I miss Music One in Electronica dammit! Eurodance is fine in a pinch but just not the same.</strong><hr></blockquote>

RIAA was disappointed that the fee wasn't *more*. They obviously didn't do a good enough job of bribing. I doubt that they 'bribed' anyone though. They usually lobby to congress, and congress had nothing to do with this. First it was a federal judge and now it is the Copyright Office.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Something I've never understood is why iTunes doesn't have the ability to rip streams into MP3s. It's no different from using a cassette recorder to tape radio shows or songs that you like and want to hear again.

Only guess is that the corporations bitch-slapped Apple around a bit until they removed the feature. It's sick, really, how much power corporations have today. Don't get me started but I could go on for hours about how our government isn't for business.....it's that our government is BY business.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    PIO 2k2, maybe you should try contacting the developer(s). They should be able to help you.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I have but they havent replied yet... Thanks though.