whats wrong with apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
first of all the release a bad ilife update and the new imacs arent as good as the old ones. i mean a bit faster, but no real improvment, also the remote no longer sticks, and also about the whole google phone thing, this could be bad for iPHone

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    kadkad Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

first of all the release a bad ilife update and the new imacs arent as good as the old ones. i mean a bit faster, but no real improvment, also the remote no longer sticks, and also about the whole google phone thing, this could be bad for iPHone

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with Apple.

1. iLife looks better than ever (to me, though I've not played around with it yet, so I don't know)

2. I personally think the new iMacs are WORLDS better than the old ones.

3. How hard is it to keep up with a remote?

4. The iPhone, is well, the iPhone! It rocks! I don't think it'll be shot down by the competition any time soon.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    haha great guys, i didnt believe it myself, i had doubts though, but thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

the new imacs arent as good as the old ones. i mean a bit faster, but no real improvment

yeah, they're a bit faster but they're worse! apple really should have released the Dual Octo-Core tablet imac robot that clean your house. what a shame, what a shame. apple is just so far behind microsoft \
  • Reply 4 of 13
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

yeah, they're a bit faster but they're worse! apple really should have released the Dual Octo-Core tablet imac robot that clean your house. what a shame, what a shame. apple is just so far behind microsoft \

Well, the 24" has an objectively worse graphics chip. And they dropped the 17", which many people including me still want. I don't see any true improvement over just dropping prices on all models and putting in new keyboards.

Not that Apple is in any kind of trouble IMO, it just was a rather ho-hum update that leaves an even bigger gap in the lineup than there previously was. No $999 iMac anymore.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

Well, the 24" has an objectively worse graphics chip. And they dropped the 17", which many people including me still want. I don't see any true improvement over just dropping prices on all models and putting in new keyboards.

Not that Apple is in any kind of trouble IMO, it just was a rather ho-hum update that leaves an even bigger gap in the lineup than there previously was. No $999 iMac anymore.

17" was destined to go, everyone knew it. The graphics cards suck but aren't worse. The processors received a nice bump, the overall price dropped somewhat significantly (you can get more ram). I don't see how you can't recognize the processor bump.. are you just blind or what? Yeah no $999 mac anymore, because they're dropping their 17 inchers which are arguably pretty small.

I'll tell Apple to do a barrel roll for you though.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

17" was destined to go, everyone knew it. The graphics cards suck but aren't worse.

7600GT > 2600 Pro. Just look at benchmarks.
    Quote:

The processors received a nice bump, the overall price dropped somewhat significantly (you can get more ram).

Since the $999 option is gone, the price for me rose way too high.
    Quote:

I don't see how you can't recognize the processor bump.. are you just blind or what?

What does it matter and to whom? Seriously, how many people could tell if you swapped their 2.4GHz C2D into a 2.0GHz C2D or vice versa without informing them? I'm pretty sure I couldn't in daily use.
    Quote:

Yeah no $999 mac anymore, because they're dropping their 17 inchers which are arguably pretty small.

Look at Steam users' survey:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

The overwhelming majority of people have a 17"-19" non widescreen. 17" widescreen isn't small.

I'd have been willing to pick up a new 17" iMac at 900-1000? for the warranty, new software etc. - selling points that are almost pure profit to Apple - but things being as they are, the new iMac starting at 1200? is an awful deal for me when the functional equivalent of a rev B iMac G5 can be had for about 650?.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

7600GT > 2600 Pro. Just look at benchmarks.

yeah it's a little bit better. if you want to be hypocritical "seriously, how many people could tell if you swapped their 7600GT into a 2600 Pro"

Quote:

Seriously, how many people could tell if you swapped their 2.4GHz C2D into a 2.0GHz C2D or vice versa without informing them? I'm pretty sure I couldn't in daily use.Look at Steam users' survey:

I'm sure people would notice a bit of an increase if they were using intensive apps, after all even .4GHz will speed up rendering or increase the ability of multitasking by a bit.

Quote:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

The overwhelming majority of people have a 17"-19" non widescreen. 17" widescreen isn't small.

Yep, do a poll on the processor speeds of people's computers and when you see the average is around 2GHz you should probably complain that the Mac Pro's are too fast. If you need portability get a Macbook Pro

I'd go for a PC if I were you considering you want Apple to change the world with every upgrade and it's just not going to happen.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

Yep, do a poll on the processor speeds of people's computers and when you see the average is around 2GHz you should probably complain that the Mac Pro's are too fast. If you need portability get a Macbook Pro

No comprendo.
    Quote:

Sounds to me like you're pretty poor, I'd go for a PC. Considering you want Apple to change the world with every upgrade and it's just not going to happen.

Both comments utterly uncalled for.

Poor != thrifty. I'm not stupid enough to pay for stuff I don't need. The current entry level iMac is overkill for 90% of computer users on this fine planet. Besides, the people who'd be using this machine have no idea how to work with PC's or maintain them, so I prefer to keep them in Macs.

Far from wanting the world with every update, I'd have been fine with a 15% price cut on the 17" iMac with integrated graphics, and no other changes whatsoever, or slight bumps at the same price. Those are moderate wishes in anyone's book. More strawmen plz.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

No comprendo.

El stupido.

Quote:

Far from wanting the world with every update, I'd have been fine with a 15% price cut on the 17" iMac with integrated graphics, and no other changes whatsoever, or slight bumps at the same price. Those are moderate wishes in anyone's book. More strawmen plz.

and they removed that so you're pmsing, it's understood.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    iPhoto '08 has TEH SNAPPY!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

I'd go for a PC if I were you considering you want Apple to change the world with every upgrade and it's just not going to happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gon

"Sounds to me like you're pretty poor, I'd go for a PC. Considering you want Apple to change the world with every upgrade and it's just not going to happen".

But that's not what he said... Mis-quoting to make someone look bad? What are you, a politician?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

But that's not what he said... Mis-quoting to make someone look bad? What are you, a politician?

That's what he said. Then he edited his post.

When you edit inside a small time window, there's no user-visible mark of the message having been edited. I wonder how you can have over 500 posts and have managed to miss that.

In the light of his last post, quoted here in anticipation of him editing that too, I don't think buddha needs any help to look bad.
    Quote:

El stupido.

and they removed that so you're pmsing, it's understood.

• Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

That's what he said. Then he edited his post.

When you edit inside a small time window, there's no user-visible mark of the message having been edited. I wonder how you can have over 500 posts and have managed to miss that.

Because I don't make mistakes.

[sorry then]