Calendar Printing: need an app to replace M$ Word or Excel

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I currently use an Excel template to create and print a monthly call schedule for work. Each day may have up to 3 names that need to be displayed, along with other events that may take place on a given day.

Prior to the Excel template, I had used the Word Template specifically for making calendars. Both of these work okay, but I''d love to bag the Microsoft products all together and am curious if there is any Mac application out there that can do this.

I have PrintShop, but it's really designed to print "pretty" calendars, rather than those than need text-based information added to them.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Numbers?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

Numbers?

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Numbers doesn't have any calendar templates. (And the one I have for Excel won't import since it's got Excel-specific macros...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    You can print in iCal. My wife did it for her students and it seemed to work fine. Try it and see.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

I currently use an Excel template to create and print a monthly call schedule for work. Each day may have up to 3 names that need to be displayed, along with other events that may take place on a given day.

Prior to the Excel template, I had used the Word Template specifically for making calendars. Both of these work okay, but I''d love to bag the Microsoft products all together and am curious if there is any Mac application out there that can do this.

You seem to be fixated on Microsoft offering. If you stopped bowing to Redmond, then you might find more calendar apps than you can possibly use. You may start with these 203 hits.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

You seem to be fixated on Microsoft offering. If you stopped bowing to Redmond, then you might find more calendar apps than you can possibly use. You may start with these 203 hits.

Good Lord, that was unhelpful. I've already been to VersionTracker. Coming up with 203 hits by searching for "calendar" doesn't mean there are 203 solutions to my question. It means there are 203 applications with the word "calendar" in their descriptions...

I am only "fixated" on the Redmond offering because that's what I am currently using and that's what I'm hoping to REPLACE.

Jeez.