Former employees nabbed for burglary at Apple facility (mug shots)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    I'm relieved to see that it wasn't Fred Anderson and Nancy Heinen.
  • Reply 22 of 41
    zanshinzanshin Posts: 350member
    umm, just a wee bit confused about how fascist Minutemen reading National Enquirer convinced these (alleged) criminals to (allegedly) attempt to burglarize a business location simply to further their own misguided, ultra-right wing causes.

Seriously, you need to be penning those comments to NPR.org (National Propaganda Radio) rather than Apple Insider. \
  • Reply 23 of 41
    sswiftsswift Posts: 13member
    ^ Must be rough with the conservative house of cards tumbling down in a flurry of indictments , resignations and, ahem, getting caught soliciting in bathroom stalls.
  • Reply 24 of 41
    lafelafe Posts: 252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rvamerongen View Post

Even its not illegal, it doesn't mean that AI or others should do the same.

I would ask AI, please remove the pictures.

Its does no good to this site.

Even it talks about apple inside information, this has nothing to do with AI purpose.

It is newsworthy that Apple products are more regularly targeted by thieves of late.

The photos are public record.

AI's reporting was not intended to sensationalize the events,

or harm the alleged robbers in any way.

I see no need to remove the pictures.
  • Reply 25 of 41
    What is the point of showing these two guys faces ? Whether it's legal or not.

They have been arrested, I dont think there is a need to launch a national hunt for them. Maybe they have commited some kind of sin ? You dont steal Apple gear otherwise we will show your face on our site. This information is so crucial that I hope AI will inform us of all the coming aspects of the legal procedure ahead. Date of the trial, how they plead, etc. We want the whole story guys. I also want the picture of their family just in case they turn up into an Apple Store. (Poor AI, when you have nothing to write about, just leave as it is)
  • Reply 26 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lafe View Post

It is newsworthy that Apple products are more regularly targeted by thieves of late.

The photos are public record.

AI's reporting was not intended to sensationalize the events,

or harm the alleged robbers in any way.

I see no need to remove the pictures.

Of course they are intended to sensationalize.

The news is ok and was enough to get the point of the robbery. No pic needed.

What about the kids and family? Maybe they didn't know about that, and beside its now personal and again has nothing to do with the purpose of AI.

Btw, I am not sure if the pictures are public record.

So far as I know only the creator may official place pictures in public.

Copying without permission is illegal.

And its tasteless.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    bobrkbobrk Posts: 36member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dkoff View Post

well, either that or someone needs to proofread.

Proofread? That's gone the way of the dinosaur and the Linotype machine.
  • Reply 28 of 41
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    When you're arrested your photos are public domain.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

How discrete of AppleInsider to put their photos on the website. Is this legal?

• Reply 29 of 41
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    Quote:

What about the kids and family? Maybe they didn't know about that, and beside its now personal and again has nothing to do with the purpose of AI.

And its tasteless.

The creator is the local government that arrested them, and they can do with them what they like unless there is a pre-existing law that states otherwise.
  • Reply 30 of 41
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

I'm relieved to see that it wasn't Fred Anderson and Nancy Heinen.

Maybe it was a burglary for hire.
  • Reply 31 of 41
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

The creator is the local government that arrested them, and they can do with them what they like unless there is a pre-existing law that states otherwise.

Exactly right. As a former government photographer, I can assure you that the local jurisdiction owns all rights to these and any other photos taken during and in the line of duty by anyone acting in the capacity and on behalf of the jurisdictional entity.
  • Reply 32 of 41
    mr.scottmr.scott Posts: 124member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

They answer the phone if you don't press 1 for English

LMAO!!! Good one!
  • Reply 33 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

But that doesn't mean that AI may copy them.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    Quote:

I'm glad the photos were included -- it helped me to realize that one of these guys

tried to sell me an iPod the other day!

(Disclaimer: Kidding. I never met the alleged robbers, nor have I met anyone

associated with them. I never dated Woz. I am not the Fake Steve. I don't

represent Apple nor anyone associated with them. I have never bought or

seen stolen property. I didn't kiss a girl once that I probably shouldn't have,

as far as you know. I am not currently suing Apple, nor am I knowingly

part of a class of numbskulls that are. I'm not the real Steve, either.)

• Reply 35 of 41
    zanshinzanshin Posts: 350member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sswift View Post

^ Must be rough with the conservative house of cards tumbling down in a flurry of indictments , resignations and, ahem, getting caught soliciting in bathroom stalls.

You argue that an AppleInsider article isn't the place for mug shots of two men who attempted to rob Apple, and pronounce the publication of the pictures as the kind of reprehensible action an ultra right-wing organization would take.

Can you link to where the story and pictures have appeared in a MinuteMan publication?

And then when I question how your preoccupation with perceived evils of this group you despise fits into a forum discussion on Apple, Inc., you imply that I'm somehow a disgruntled Conservative stooge upset by the actions of a few loons in Washington.

To clarify my position to you, let me say this: I'm a Libertarian. and unlike you "mainstream" sheep, I don't need to look under rocks to find crawlies and then try to affix the opposing political party identities to the creatures. Just as I know there are bugs under rocks, I know there are criminals in Washington -- you helped put them there, not me.

And I'm a Mac owner/user; iPod owner, and Apple, Inc. stockholder (yeah, buddy -- bought it for $15 when Dvorak said it was dead, and paid for my new house on the profits). As such, the illegal actions of former employees that might affect the performance of MY company are of passing interest to me. I don't see that displaying their pictures in the article is any more unjust or politically motivated than when a photo of Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.) accompanies an article about the $100K he took to bribe Nigerian officials.

Your fixation on only Republican "atrocities" reveals you to be either totally ignorant of or unconcerned with the shortcomings of your preferred group of elected criminals. The solution doesn't lie within either of these parties (or their uninformed disciples and fan-boys like you), and neither a debate nor a diatribe about politics in general is appropriate for this forum, unless it stems from an action or comments by Apple, Inc. or its leaders.

So go peddle your conspiracy-theory mindset somewhere else -- you are both tedious and predictable: I knew you'd come back to see if you got any attention.
  • Reply 36 of 41
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by city View Post

Did you see the Bill Gates mug?

OMG That's fucking awesome.
  • Reply 37 of 41
    lafelafe Posts: 252member
    Quote:

And its tasteless.

They are public record.

I'll agree that there's an element of sensationalism. After all,

AI put "(mug shots)" in the title of the article. That should draw

some clicks!

However, let's not bring the kids into it. The alleged perps should

have thought about their actions' impact to their families before

they allegedly broke in.
  • Reply 38 of 41
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zanshin View Post

You argue that an AppleInsider article isn't the place for mug shots of two men who attempted to rob Apple, and pronounce the publication of the pictures as the kind of reprehensible action an ultra right-wing organization would take.

Can you link to where the story and pictures have appeared in a MinuteMan publication?

And then when I question how your preoccupation with perceived evils of this group you despise fits into a forum discussion on Apple, Inc., you imply that I'm somehow a disgruntled Conservative stooge upset by the actions of a few loons in Washington.

To clarify my position to you, let me say this: I'm a Libertarian. and unlike you "mainstream" sheep, I don't need to look under rocks to find crawlies and then try to affix the opposing political party identities to the creatures. Just as I know there are bugs under rocks, I know there are criminals in Washington -- you helped put them there, not me.

And I'm a Mac owner/user; iPod owner, and Apple, Inc. stockholder (yeah, buddy -- bought it for $15 when Dvorak said it was dead, and paid for my new house on the profits). As such, the illegal actions of former employees that might affect the performance of MY company are of passing interest to me. I don't see that displaying their pictures in the article is any more unjust or politically motivated than when a photo of Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.) accompanies an article about the $100K he took to bribe Nigerian officials.

Your fixation on only Republican "atrocities" reveals you to be either totally ignorant of or unconcerned with the shortcomings of your preferred group of elected criminals. The solution doesn't lie within either of these parties (or their uninformed disciples and fan-boys like you), and neither a debate nor a diatribe about politics in general is appropriate for this forum, unless it stems from an action or comments by Apple, Inc. or its leaders.

So go peddle your conspiracy-theory mindset somewhere else -- you are both tedious and predictable: I knew you'd come back to see if you got any attention.

How come "libertarians" who have no use for either party always seem to have such a hard on for belittling Democrats, but rarely get around to explaining what, exactly, is wrong with the right?

Because, from what I've seen, it seems like "libertarian" just means "right wing but too adolescent to deal with the real world".

Just sayin'.
  • Reply 39 of 41
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

They are public record.

I'll agree that there's an element of sensationalism. After all,

AI put "(mug shots)" in the title of the article. That should draw

some clicks!

However, let's not bring the kids into it. The alleged perps should

have thought about their actions' impact to their families before

they allegedly broke in.

I agree, that was an odd thing to consider. I didn't see their families in those photographs.
  • Reply 40 of 41
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

How come "libertarians" who have no use for either party always seem to have such a hard on for belittling Democrats, but rarely get around to explaining what, exactly, is wrong with the right?

Because, from what I've seen, it seems like "libertarian" just means "right wing but too adolescent to deal with the real world".

Just sayin'.

Libertarian is just another word for anarchist.