Do you think a future build will remove aqua?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
The latest build (9A527) shows some nice interface changes, like the better transparent menu bar, new icons, color changes, and so on. But there are still aqua elements left that somehow don't fit with the new look, which is a more "mature" and "simple" look.

iPhoto 08 and iTunes already use non-aqua scroll bars, and it should be relativly simple to change the aqua buttons as well.

So here's the poll: do you think Apple will keep the current mixed look, or remove the last aqua elements before the Leopard gold master?

EDIT: The first poll option should read:

The mixed look stays. Reason: Apple thinks removing Aqua is a too much drastic change from Tiger.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zoczoc Posts: 77member
    If Apple really want UI consistency, as it was said at the last WWDC, they have no choice. They made de decision to go away from aqua for most off their iApps, so they must now remove aqua totally.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cougarcougar Posts: 55member
    Yup. Take a look at the buttons in the iLife '08 web gallery sheets. That's what they will look like.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cougar View Post

Yup. Take a look at the buttons in the iLife '08 web gallery sheets. That's what they will look like.

i dunno, took Apple years to create a consistent UI with brushed metal windows and non-metal ones all mixed. so everyone is happy brushed metal is gone but now it looks like we're all in for mixed scroll bars as the new irritation. the iLife package already shows it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    It depends on your definition of "aqua" I think the old scroll bars are dead, as are the buttons--but the stop lights will be with us for a while.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I think the iPhone's interface, and the Apple website itself, hold a few hints.