Rainbow Six

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone plaed this game on the Mac?

I have been waiting for Ghost Recon, which my not be out for months, so in the meantime I may play Rainbow Six if I can get some feedback on it.

Does it run in X or just 9?

When did it ship for the Mac? I must have been in a coma...

Is it a first-person tacticle shooter?

I just finsihed Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor, Halo (XBox) and I play Urban Terror too. I played Quake 1 2 and 3 and all the Dooms as well. I played Red faction (it was kinda lame) I also played Unreal and UT. Will I like Rainbow Six?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I've played it...i've beat it. Also the same goes for Rouge Spear. These are two great games with godo graphix and fun play. I still like to play because if its on the hardest settings its pretty damn hard!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    So if you've played it why didn't you answer any of his questions? =p

I've played the demo to Rogue Spear on my iBook 700 and it ran without a hitch on the highest settings. Unfortunately it was OS 9 only. In classic it had WAYYYYY too many bugs to play for more than 10 seconds. There may be a OS 10 patch though.

Have fun...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Rainbow Six was published by MacSoft, is a tactical shooter, only runs in OS 9, is great fun and always available for netplay on GameRanger. That said, it shipped almost four years ago.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    What about Rogue Spear? I heard that its is newer, better and more fun. Sounds like it may be the game to hold me over until Ghost Recon ships. Have you guys played it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    *cough* Rogue Spear runs on the exact same engine, it is the same game repackaged with slightly better graphics. It, also, was released last century. They're great fun, don't get me wrong, I just don't want you to expect a modern title.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Yeah, I just played the Rogue Spear demo. It is fun, but DAMN its old looking! :0)

I will wait for Ghost Recon to get introduced to the Tacticle Shooter genre. Brute Force will be out this fall for the XBox, it looks kinda cool too.

I just ordered Soldier of Fortune II last night. That will hold me over until Ghost...

I have played every FPS for the Mac since the original Wolf 3D (including Pathways into Darkness), but for some reason I missed Rainbow Six. Oh well. Ghost Recon will make up for it I guess...

Thanks!