First iPhone problem. It made me late to work.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I was late to work this morning because of my iPhone. Maybe it was just a fluke (hopefully), but I don't know. I need to test my theory out.

My alarm was set for 6:45 A.M. My girlfriend was already at work and texted me between 5-6 A.M. What happened was that since I got a text message, my alarm didn't go off until I read that text message, so when I woke up to the sound of my gardener in the backyard, I look at my phone and it is 8:08 A.M. with a text message alert on the screen. Right after I read the text message, the alarm THEN went off. Booooo.

Has that happened to anyone else or was this a weird scenario?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I'd beat my girlfriend if she texted me that early.

I don't have my phone with me. I'll try the alarm clock/text thing when I get home...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Have you told apple?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Exactly same thing happened to me a couple of times so I had to stop using the iPhone as an alarm. Now use my old Nokia phone as an alarm clock. It doesn't have the problem.

Should be easy to fix, as it was sure to be an oversight, but then so should some of the other isssues that have been widely requested as being part of a firmware update.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I just tested it on my iPhone and mine worked correctly so your issue must have been a fluke.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nope. Happened to me twice and I almost threw the damn phone out the window when it did. Stopped using it as an alarm but it would be a lot more convenient if I could go back.

I assume this is fixed in 1.0.2. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Nope, still not fixed in 1.0.2. I had a calendar reminder that went off during the night and was still visible on the screen, and it prevented the alarm from going off the next morning.