3g iphone is coming

kdgkdg
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I just got off the phone with an at&t rep. that told me that the up dated iphone, that will come out the begining of next year will have more memory and run on at&t's faster net-work (3G!!!!!) i didn't here anything about a GPS chip, But thats want the rep told me. That really sucks for rest of us suckers that bought the frist Gen. Iphone, but great for Steve, because not only will it bring in more buyers, but most of us that drop $599.99 will turn around a buy this model ( They should have came out with it the frist time around)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Too bad the AT&T rep probably has less inside info than we do.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Too bad this isn't in the iPhone forum.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kdg View Post

I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep. They that told me that the updated iPhone, will come out the begining of next year will have more memory and run on AT&T's faster network (3G!!!!!). I didn't hear anything about a GPS chip, But that's what the rep told me. That really sucks for rest of us suckers that bought the first gen iPhone, but great for Steve, because not only will it bring in more buyers, but most of us that drop $599.99 will turn around and buy this model (They should have came out with it the first time around).

Steve Jobs announced in January 07 that they would be a 3G version of the iPhone in the future. The AT&T rep is merely speculating that it will be available early next year. Personnaly I'd rather have the 2G version with a decent battery life and better network coverage.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Steve Jobs announced in January 07 that they would be a 3G version of the iPhone in the future. The AT&T rep is merely speculating that it will be available early next year. Personnaly I'd rather have the 2G version with a decent battery life and better network coverage.

Totally disagree with your preference. I also don't think it makes sense. When it does go 3G, it will be backwards compatible, just like all high speed devices are. Otherwise, it would be like my VZW phone only working in EV-DO ares...which is obviously not true. I also doubt you're going to see a major problem with battery life just because the network is faster.

For me, I'm waiting for the next version. 3G, more third party support, better storage, various bugs worked out.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kdg View Post

I just got off the phone with an at&t rep. that told me that the up dated iphone, that will come out the begining of next year will have more memory and run on at&t's faster net-work (3G!!!!!)

Did s/he also tell you about the religious proclivities of the Pope? Or the defecation habits of bears?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    It's also going to sport a highly integrated TI SoC and have lower power draw. Technology is a bitch.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I'm pissed it doesn't have a built in iHeadMassage? function.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

Did s/he also tell you about the religious proclivities of the Pope? Or the defecation habits of bears?

Don't joke about bears. They are godless killing machines.

• Reply 9 of 13
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Don't joke about bears. They are godless killing machines.

Don't blame God if you get in the way of a bear...

And how many people a year do bears kill? 5? 10? Cant be as many as 20? Thats nothing. Imagine what bears call us humans...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Meh who cares iPhone software unlocks from third parties are all on the way.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Meh who cares iPhone software unlocks from third parties are all on the way.

Fine, but that is not what bothers me. I want:

1. Better speed

2. More storage

3. More 3rd Party support

4. Better call quality.

I've been told that the iphone is great except for one thing....making phone calls. Anyone else agree? Come on...iPhone 2.0!
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I've been told that the iphone is great except for one thing....making phone calls. Anyone else agree? Come on...iPhone 2.0!

That's generally the story with any phone that has a GSM-based voice channel.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

That's generally the story with any phone that has a GSM-based voice channel.

I didn't realize that. Kind of blows, since it's a phone.