The "real" new Nano?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Over at Gear Live they've got a shot or two of what purports to be the new Nano.

Thoughts?

Could pretty easily be photoshopped, but I wouldn't be that surprised if this isn't closer to the new form factor than the "stumpy" images going around.

EDIT: It's late, so I wasn't looking that hard at the shot-- very funky stuff going on in the background, almost too funky-- it'd be hard to make a p'shop that bad, so therefore, uh......OMG CONFIRMED!!!111!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Looks great.

I think the scroll wheel looks a bit small though.

It looks like a slightly wider but shorter nano.

Much nicer than that squatty iPod thing that has been rumored over the last week or two.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Indeed. Lets hope that if there is a new nano form factor, that this is it and not the stumpy.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think it's fake.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I don't get how a single person could believe this. It is clearly a guy, holding his silver nano. He takes a picture, cuts off the top of the nano (hence the weird dark area where the current nano would be, then slides the screen and scroll wheel down a bit. Plops on a fake interface (maybe even before he took the picture) and viola!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hockey2891 View Post

I don't get how a single person could believe this. It is clearly a guy, holding his silver nano. He takes a picture, cuts off the top of the nano (hence the weird dark area where the current nano would be, then slides the screen and scroll wheel down a bit. Plops on a fake interface (maybe even before he took the picture) and viola!

Yeah I think it's obviously a mock-up, but the scroll wheel is smaller than a nano's. The nano's scroll-wheel goes almost to the sides of the case; it's probably 90% of the width of the case. This thing's scroll-wheel is probably not much more than 50% of the width of the case.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Obvious mockup, but doesn't look too bad.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    The image has without a doubt been messed with. But so have all the others that we have seen. This is by far the nicest looking new nano format and I hope that if there is a change and size reduction, that it's something along these lines.

On the other hand, this image could be real, but made to look like it has been tampered with. The proportions and lighting are all consistant, somthing that someone who apparently wouldn't know how to sort the easy part out (the background) would have had a hard time with.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    awful. the top of the picture shows a big blotch of darkness that's in the shape of an ipod nano. you guys must not have your monitors calibrated because it's plain as day.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    here's the image with just some level adjustments done to it. i didn't "touch" the image at all:

• Reply 10 of 10
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by admactanium View Post

here's the image with just some level adjustments done to it. i didn't "touch" the image at all:

Heh. That's actually why I thought that you would have to go out of your way to make such a shitty p'shop job. Looking at the "cut-out" area, it doesn't seem to correspond to what would be necessary to lop off the top of the existing Nano. It doesn't seem to correspond to anything I can imagine doing to an image to create the finished product. I mean, was there peripheral text that said, "this is not the new Nano" that had to be dealt with?

Therefore, by bizzaro world Occam's razor, it must be real.