DigiTimes vouches for multi-touch iPod with WiFi

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    I'd be excited about a iPhone-like iPod: similar form-factor, drop the cellular radio, drop flash RAM and add a hard drive ... but based on the iPhone pricing, we'd probably be looking at $600-$700 for the cost. Unless Apple is planning to requiring you to buy some "digital radio" subscription to offset the cost, I don't see it happening.

That said, if Apple finds some way to do it for a reasonable cost, I might just have to get one.
  • Reply 22 of 55
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Quote:

Apple's new products will also include a new iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle, according to DigiTimes, which also noted that sales of the new iPod series is expected to total 22-23 million units in the fourth quarter of this year.

Yes! Hopefully a 3G Shuffle with a screen.
  • Reply 23 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

minderbender: ... it gets all the apple fanboys ........

ssc_applefan: Apple fanboy excuses/"justifications" in 5...4...3...

Quit it with this stupid, lazy, overused epithet...... surely there are more intelligent ways to insult, if that is your intention.

Seconded!!
  • Reply 24 of 55
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

Seconded!!

Thirded!

I've noticed that in the commentary of various tech sites people have started to begin any post that's remotely praising of Apple with "I'm no fanboy, but.....", just to preempt the inevitable storm of eye rolling and belittling that goes with the territory.

Really no need to replicate that here.
  • Reply 25 of 55
    Quote:

Quit it with this stupid, lazy, overused epithet...... surely there are more intelligent ways to insult, if that is your intention.

I will repeat exactly what I posted in another thread: ...To these people (eg. a_greer, minderbender, ssc_applefan, wnurse): you are the perfect example of the "anti-Apple AppleZealot" that seems to be quite pervasive on these forums and many other forums nowadays. Your "breed" comes on with a lot of hate and (as a poster eloquently put it) vehemence for us "Apple fanboys" -- yet you all use (and probably like) Macs and iPods. Accept that you are leaving Windows and PCs behind, that this is in general a good thing [not the "only" thing] and you will hate us (and yourself and your "breed") less in the process. Sure, people with Macs have more money, but people with Lamborghinis and Ferraris have more... Your Mac was worth the money right? Otherwise you would have sold it by now...
  • Reply 26 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Thirded!....I've noticed that in the commentary of various tech sites people have started to begin any post that's remotely praising of Apple with "I'm no fanboy, but.....", just to preempt the inevitable storm of eye rolling and belittling that goes with the territory...

Bingo! "Denial is the most predictable of human responses" - The Architect, Matrix Reloaded.
  • Reply 27 of 55
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

A writer that posts to the front page came up with the word that means "choir girls".
  • Reply 28 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Your Mac was worth the money right? Otherwise you would have sold it by now...

Touche.
  • Reply 29 of 55
    I'll just wait to be impressed... haven't been exactly jumping for joy with the "safe" stuff coming out of Apple recently.
  • Reply 30 of 55
    Quote:

I will repeat exactly what I posted in another thread: ...To these people (eg. a_greer, minderbender, ssc_applefan, wnurse): you are the perfect example of the "anti-Apple AppleZealot" that seems to be quite pervasive on these forums and many other forums nowadays. Your "breed" comes on with a lot of hate and (as a poster eloquently put it) vehemence for us "Apple fanboys" -- yet you all use (and probably like) Macs and iPods. Accept that you are leaving Windows and PCs behind, that this is in general a good thing [not the "only" thing] and you will hate us (and yourself and your "breed") less in the process. Sure, people with Macs have more money, but people with Lamborghinis and Ferraris have more... Your Mac was worth the money right? Otherwise you would have sold it by now...

nevermind... not even worth it.
  • Reply 31 of 55
    Quote:

If the shoe fits...
  • Reply 32 of 55
    Quote:

Bingo! "Denial is the most predictable of human responses" - The Architect, Matrix Reloaded.

^^^^^ Nerd ^^^^^
  • Reply 33 of 55
    Heh. brit_teeth... you go up on that list alongside a_greer and ssc_ etc etc. ...And the only thing bigger than denying you like Apple is denying you are a nerd. EMBRACE WHO YOU ARE, NERD-APPLE-ZEALOTS! There is NO TURNING BACK NOW! muah ah haha h ah aha ha ah h aha
  • Reply 34 of 55
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:

...Sure, people with Macs have more money...

I'm gonna go out on thin ice here and take your challenge... sorry, I don't normally do that, but... what the....

I understand you don't like Macs or the pricing from Apple... so you being here kind of make things interesting. Why are you here? Are you hoping for a rumor that says "New Mac Pro 8 core, starting $799"? It won't happen, so you don't need to be here. You can safely go back to get WOW'ed aah'ed by your nvidia or whatever it is you do. You won't miss anything here.

My economical situation really sucks... but I wouldn't waste money on a Windows or Linux machine either way, because I don't like to waste money on stuff I dislike, don't trust, that out of the box needs third party anti virus software to get by etc. I just prefer Mac, and you know what, I'm ok with paying that little extra, because it's worth it.

PS. Don't think of a mac as a freaking Lamborghini that probably can't even drive over a road bump. This just shows us that you got sparse information on either Macs or cars...

Sorry for giving in and taking such nonsense challenges, lowering my level...
  • Reply 35 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

I'm gonna go out on thin ice here and take your challenge... sorry, I don't normally do that, but... what the....

I understand you don't like Macs or the pricing from Apple... so you being here kind of make things interesting. Why are you here? Are you hoping for a rumor that says "New Mac Pro 8 core, starting $799"? It won't happen, so you don't need to be here. You can safely go back to get WOW'ed aah'ed by your nvidia or whatever it is you do. You won't miss anything here.

My economical situation really sucks... but I wouldn't waste money on a Windows or Linux machine either way, because I don't like to waste money on stuff I dislike, don't trust, that out of the box needs third party anti virus software to get by etc. I just prefer Mac, and you know what, I'm ok with paying that little extra, because it's worth it.

PS. Don't think of a mac as a freaking Lamborghini that probably can't even drive over a road bump. This just shows us that you got sparse information on either Macs or cars...

Sorry for giving in and taking such nonsense challenges, lowering my level...

Heh... Umm... I am on your side Palegolas... read all my posts above and my previous posting... And my signature. ...I know enough about Macs, but yeah my exotic car knowledge is poor. I was conceding a bit of ground in an attempt to negotiate with the "anti-Apple" people, by saying, "Sure people with Macs have more money". Maybe in hindsight I shouldn't have mentioned such a thing at all.

Check this comment out on tuaw.com... (not me commenting, this is the following poster named "Duscrom" or something like that)

"36. Ahh, another one of those Mac World, Vs. PC worlds things. Two corps complain about the other.. on the PC side, we all assume MS is in the wrong (ie. Activision charges $6 for 3 songs on Xbox live Marketplace... this is all MS's fault) and on the Mac side, We all assume Apple is in the right.

I have to wonder, because i don't have such blind fanboyism, when I have to pay at least $250 for a iPod that has video capabilities. I mean, what makes you assume that Lord Jobs is really giving that much to content providers? On top of that, you can ONLY play this stuff on iPods, which undercuts the rest of the market. Apple is easily as monopolistic as any other company would be.

So NBC/Universal makes a bad buiesness move right? That's assumeing THEY are making alot from iTunes sales. compared to DVD sales and Ad Revenue. I'd guess Apple is still making the bear's shae of profit themselves, instead of NBC/Universal.

Posted at 10:06PM on Sep 3rd 2007 by Duscrom"
  • Reply 36 of 55
    Quote:

...You can safely go back to get WOW'ed aah'ed by your nvidia...

nVidia is nice, it is on the MacBookPros [80nm I believe] ... Though ATI beat them to 65nm and are hence in the new iMacs. Though let's not get into GPUs at this stage.
  • Reply 37 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

But what's the WiFi for? It's just a passing mention in the article. Sadly, I don't think Apple will let us have a web browser even though this will supposedly run a version of OS X just like the iPhone. And they sure as hell won't let us run Skype. Pity, since I have both SkypeIn and Skype Unlimited and would kill to use my account on a wireless device.

A wi-fi ipod would be fandabydozy if it meant it could be synced over a wireless network, i.e. wake up in the morning and ipod already loaded with latest podcasts. That would be cool.
  • Reply 38 of 55
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

I think many radio stations are sending digital as well as analog... just that it hasn't really gotten any big among consumers for some reason.

I suppose, since it's digital, that the radio stations may send track information to be displayed on the radio display while songs are being played if they choose to, and this is probably the key to Apple's involvement. They just snatch the song title and artist, search in the iTunes store and offer the listener to buy it straight away. Probably teaming up with some US radio stations.

Can't high end car stereo's get that metadata from regular analog radio?

I wonder if this is part of what Apple and BMW might be working on.
  • Reply 39 of 55
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murphyweb View Post

A wi-fi ipod would be fandabydozy if it meant it could be synced over a wireless network, i.e. wake up in the morning and ipod already loaded with latest podcasts. That would be cool.

EXACTLY. I actually use my iPod 80% of the time for podcasts and 20% for music.
  • Reply 40 of 55
    Don't you just love the way the "www" is full of "anti-fanboy" fanboys???

Don't get me started on the "real internet" "anti-fanboy" fanboys!!!

Okay, okay.... I'll leave now................