iPhone - music cuts out when browsing

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When I play music through the iPhone and try to surf the web at the same time the music keeps turning off in the middle of a song. It seems to happen most often if I try to zoom in on an area of the webpage using multi-touch.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this happen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Moving to iPhone Forum.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beachin View Post

When I play music through the iPhone and try to surf the web at the same time the music keeps turning off in the middle of a song. It seems to happen most often if I try to zoom in on an area of the webpage using multi-touch.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this happen?

Mine does that on occasion as well.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Is your software up to date? Mine quit doing that after the first update.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

Is your software up to date? Mine quit doing that after the first update.

Yep. It's up to date. Guess I'll just wait until the next update and see if that has an impact.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beachin View Post

Yep. It's up to date. Guess I'll just wait until the next update and see if that has an impact.

Yeah, mine is up to date as well. Mine doesn't do it nearly as much now compared to before the update though.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Mine does that too and I'm using 1.02. I don't know if its related to the number of safari pages you have open too, but its definitely a pain.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I am getting quite a few cases of safari crashing and throwing me back to the home screen. It just happened on this post and I'm typing it out for the second time. Very annoying.

Don't get me wrong. I love this phone. My wife wanted to take it with her while running errands today and I said no! And I've been at home with full size computers available. I'd rather check my emails on the iPhone while I am doing my projects around the house! I just look forward to an update that fixes these problems.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I realized last night that I almost never turn the phone completely off. I shut it down last night and it seems to be doing much better so far today. Maybe there is a memory leak or something like else that is solved by a reboot.