• Reply 41 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by britwithgoodteeth View Post

If the shoe fits...

What's your size?
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Heh. brit_teeth... you go up on that list alongside a_greer and ssc_ etc etc. ...And the only thing bigger than denying you like Apple is denying you are a nerd. EMBRACE WHO YOU ARE, NERD-APPLE-ZEALOTS! There is NO TURNING BACK NOW! muah ah haha h ah aha ha ah h aha

Actually, I do like Apple. I've never denied that, hence, the reason my screen name is ssc_appleFAN, you dolt!

I like Apple, it's their fanboys I can't stand.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

So no worries about iPhone cannabilization?

If Apple releases a widescreen iPod, they will not make the iPod far greater value than the iPhone (or vice versa).

Whether that means the widescreen iPod gets more expensive, the iPhone comes down in price, or there is some shuffle in the features - I don't know.

Really, Apple won't care what you buy as long as they make similar returns on either. Right?
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ersatzplanet View Post

The iPhone is a great phone but a lousy media device cause of the 8 Gig limit.

Are you forgetting that the large majority of all iPods sold all have storage capacities of 8 gigs or less?

iPod nanos, minis, and shuffles have all FAR OUTSOLD full-sized iPods.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drjjones View Post

i hope they do get whipped into a frenzy and the stock goes to 180 lol .

Me too!!! But it wont happen. People are very skittish right now, and most are on the verge of dropping it all at the first sign of another sell-off. Alot of hopes and dreams will crash swiftly and harshly tomorrow afternoon. Maybe now is the time to sell...

Should we consider shorting AAPL at this time??!?! Who would place a bet in the market that the iPhone will disappoint?
  • Reply 46 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bg_nyc View Post

Me too!!! But it wont happen. People are very skittish right now, and most are on the verge of dropping it all at the first sign of another sell-off. Alot of hopes and dreams will crash swiftly and harshly tomorrow afternoon. Maybe now is the time to sell...

Should we consider shorting AAPL at this time??!?! Who would place a bet in the market that the iPhone will disappoint?

basically, if the phatpod is the new 6g ipod, no ipod touch, ppl who didn't short are gonna get f***ed, and it's not really apples fault either, it's just all the rampant speculation and rumor mongering that got everyone hyped for a "phoneless iphone"

but i have a feeling prices gonna go down right after announcement either way because not everyone is gonna be happy. the only way i can see them see a very small drop in apple stock is by releasing phoneless iphones w/HDD, but i think thats quite a long shot. In the end, i'm selling a couple hundred shares of AAPL first thing in the morning, just in case
  • Reply 47 of 55
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacGregor View Post

Can't high end car stereo's get that metadata from regular analog radio?

I wonder if this is part of what Apple and BMW might be working on.

All of the radios from Toyota can get this information from any station that provides. It's nothing new; it also appears on the 5G iPod with Radio Remote.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacGregor View Post

EXACTLY. I actually use my iPod 80% of the time for podcasts and 20% for music.

But it still needs charging. So putting it in a USB cradle is far more preferable

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sunbow View Post

In the UK digital radio (DAB - Digital Audio Broadcasting) is big now with good coverage across the country. It is hugely better quality than FM. So now is indeed a great time to include DAB (if that's what is planned). The difficulty to date though with DAB is that it is very consuming of batteries but maybe there is some new low consumption chipset now available for Apple to use.

FM is better maintained as an option, as it's low quality (if built-in to an iPod) would drag down the reputation of the iPod and Apple and that is my understanding of why Apple have not added FM to iPods.

I read in BBC Focus Magazine that DAB is due to be replaced by DAB Plus; an entirely incompatible technology. However the rest of the world may well get DAB+ first because we already have DAB as a stop-gap.

http://james.cridland.net/blog/2007/...lus-in-the-uk/
  • Reply 49 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

But it still needs charging. So putting it in a USB cradle is far more preferable

Not everyday though dude, maybe every few days.

Like me there are loads of people with ipods in their cars now, they stay in the car 100% of the time and get charged while the car is on the move. Now if your car is outside your house and is within your wireless range.... cool.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Are you forgetting that the large majority of all iPods sold all have storage capacities of 8 gigs or less?

iPod nanos, minis, and shuffles have all FAR OUTSOLD full-sized iPods.

Not VIDEO iPods. I thought we were talking about the new video iPod not the new Nano etc.
  • Reply 51 of 55
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ersatzplanet View Post

Not VIDEO iPods. I thought we were talking about the new video iPod not the new Nano etc.

Umm. did you bother reading the quote I was replying to?

It will make sense if you do.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What's your size?

Nice.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I think the new top iPod today will be flash / hard drive combo. Flash for OSX and apps, and HDD for media. It's just too costy with a 32-64-128 gb flash just now... right?
  • Reply 54 of 55
    If they do release a touch screen ipod with osx base it better be open or else im going to have a fit. Even if you have wifi in it, there are not enough connections points to really use web 2 apps for their actual purpose.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Umm. did you bother reading the quote I was replying to?

It will make sense if you do.

I did look and it appears that you were quoting me. Were you replying to another post while quoting me?