New Ipod Memory? 100GB?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
any ideas if the next gen IPOD will crack the 100GB mark? i have a 60 GB video and am trying in vain to keep it from reacing capacity. problem is im a big music buff, but dont want to drop $350 for an extra 20GB/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'd bet we're looking at 40GB and 100GB for the new touch-screen video iPods.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'd bet we're looking at 40GB and 100GB for the new touch-screen video iPods.

That seems about right, however it's possible for a 120GB model to make it's appearance but I'd bet on a 100GB.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    I'd guess 60gb and 120gb. It seems like a 'just right' storage gap.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rena View Post

I agree

i concur
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I'm going to go out on a shaky limb and say: 32 GB flash and 120 GB hard drive.

The 32 GB flash is probably a rash prediction, given that replacement solid state drives for laptops cost more than the most expensive iPod.

On the other hand, Apple does command over 25% of world NAND supply, so if anyone could get bulk discounts, they could.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

I'd guess 60gb and 120gb. It seems like a 'just right' storage gap.

It doesn't feel right for me. Apple wants these things to be affordable, they'll be cutting all sorts of corners for that. Gut feeling tells me Apple will gibe us 40GB & 100GB.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnbpr View Post

i concur

i hope

But I agree with Ireland, if these things are going to be touchscreen etc, I don't think they'll be using the absolute latest 1.8 inch drives. Going for a slightly older 100GB drive will be cheaper.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm in happy land.

I stand very much corrected.