Jobs says Apple won't offer refunds to early iPhone adopters

Comments

• Reply 61 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adr1974 View Post

I just set up a site to discuss the overall Apple User eXperience --- www.stevejobsux.com

Input appreciated...

Here's my input. Get a life.
  • Reply 62 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shelf Life View Post

I trusted Apple to set a fair price, and now I feel like they made a fool of me by dropping that price 33% in just 10 weeks.

I will NEVER buy another new Apple product at launch and NEVER purchase another MP3 or video from iTunes again. I'll look elsewhere for my music and movies.

All my goodwill toward this company was erased very quickly. I've spent thousands on computers and equipment at the Apple store this year alone, and they've really given me a terrible feeling.

You trusted Apple to set the price for you? What happened to personal responsibility? Holy bejeezus batman!

To all that are angry about this... You agreed to purchase the iPhone for the price it was listed at at time of purchse. By handing them the money you agreed that it was a price you were willing to pay, at that time, for that device. End of freaking story. If you thought the price was too high, or couldn't afford it, then you shouldn't have purchased one. This is very simple.

You are all pissed off that others now can buy the same phone for a cheaper price. Get over your jealousy, and live with the fact that you agreed to the price as it was previously when you purchased it. My god you all sound like a whiny 4 year olds.

Grow up and get over it. You shouldn't have handed them the money if you didn't think it was worth it. Period. Whatever happens to the price in the future is completely inconsequential.

Example: if they hadn't dropped the price so that others can now afford it, you would be just fine, not angry?! That makes absolutely no sense at all. It's called jealousy, and it's a bad thing.
  • Reply 63 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

And for a little more fun, write to the three law firms, I believe there's three, that have a class action suit against iPhone's battery issue, and write to them saying you want to be on the list, that way, if they hit paydirt with their lawsiut, you might get a little bit of a refund from Apple that way, regardless if the lawsuit is frivolous, to quote Steve, "well, that's what happens in technology."

Class action lawsuits are basically worthless as their payouts for individuals are often miniscule, they are designed to enrich the law firm, plain and simple.
  • Reply 64 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfwooster View Post

I bought some AAPL stock the other day and now the price has dropped $7. Can I get a refund since I bought it less than 14 days ago?

Uh............... no.
  • Reply 65 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by britwithgoodteeth View Post

Yeah, the press has been real tough on Apple the past few years.

They have, actually. From January to June I read just about every article there was to read about the iPhone, and after the first couple of days following the announcement, the press was at least 75% negative. The touch-screen keyboard was going to suck; battery life was going to suck; It was going to scratch too easily; you were being locked into AT&T; the price was outrageous; it was no good for business people; and my all-time favorite, the general "There's no way it could possibly live up to expectations" theme. We're talking four to five articles a day repeating these same themes over and over again. All sight-unseen. All based on assumptions that proved to be incorrect. Even the Apple apologists were mentioning the supposed weaknesses of the iPhone in order to appear less biased.

And then the iPhone was released, and the customer satisfaction rates were through the roof, and the press barely mentioned it.

Compare this to the press about the Zune. Not the Apple fan message boards, mind you, but the actual press. Article after article praising Microsoft's clever design and inclusion of crippled Wi-fi. Even after it became apparent that sales were pitiful, the press just kept rolling on with it's a new product, and it will catch up with the iPod sooner or later, etc.
  • Reply 66 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoskia View Post

There really are no limits to stupidity.

This is what we talk about when we say, "the only limit is your imagination."
  • Reply 67 of 169
    You and audiopollution are right. I can tell by your combined 6,768 posts that you're well-qualified in dispensing social advice...
  • Reply 68 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MAC4U View Post

This is a classic case of price gauging.

Funny.

Your misspelling is exactly what is happening here.

It's definitely a case of Apple being able to 'gauge' demand for the iPhone at a specific price point for a specific period of time.
  • Reply 69 of 169
    Here is what we do - we need to become really picky customers.

Right now, my iPhone screen is dimmer on the bottom than the top. I now consider this a defect, and will now return my iPhone, and keep returning it, until I get a defect free iPhone.

Before I was willing to tolerate things like this - but no longer.

Every product I get from Apple must be perfect, and its its not, I will use my warranty privileges to the fullest. I will get my money back, one way or another,
  • Reply 70 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

Umm, no, it is a computer.

yeah DEFINITELY a computer. That frikkin phone left me high and dry over the weekend. It crashed when using the camera and wouldn't restart so I had to restore. Well, I was on vacation with no computer or internet access-the ONLY way to get that thing working... there's no way to bypass anything in order to just get the phone working... ridiculous.

dt
  • Reply 71 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MAC4U View Post

At nearly 1 million sold in two months, the iPhone is quickly on its way to becoming the best selling smart phone in history?.Or maybe not, because now Apple has about 1 million pissed off customers who feel like they?ve been ripped off.

The reality I see is how cut-throat Apple can be in dealing with its loyal customers.

I really doubt all 1 million buyers feel ripped off. It's not like Apple took their iPhones away from them, nor was anyone in a position that required they purchase a $600 phone.
  • Reply 72 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adr1974 View Post

You and audiopollution are right. I can tell by your combined 6,768 posts that you're well-qualified in dispensing social advice...

Right then.

We've been told.

Back to your thread-crapping and spam!
  • Reply 73 of 169
    crebcreb Posts: 276member
    Shortly, Apple will be releasing an iPhone software update that shows the new Bitchfest icon that can be selected to conference call with all the iWhiners' who supposedly gotten taken for $200.
  • Reply 74 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

Right now, my iPhone screen is dimmer on the bottom than the top. I now consider this a defect, and will now return my iPhone, and keep returning it, until I get a defect free iPhone.

Every product I get from Apple must be perfect, and its its not, I will use my warranty privileges to the fullest. I will get my money back, one way or another,

I'm the same way, with everything I buy. Everyone should be.
  • Reply 75 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

And Apple will, in turn, add you to their super double-secret "problem customer" list.
  • Reply 76 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CREB View Post

Shortly, Apple will be releasing an iPhone software update that shows the new Bitchfest icon that can be selected to conference call with all the iWhiners' who supposed gotten taken for $200.

heh, heh.
  • Reply 77 of 169
    wnursewnurse Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjoec123 View Post

I think the press, eager as it always has been to write anything negative about the iPhone, is making a big deal out of nothing. Even if there really are "thousands" of upset loyal Apple fans, that means there are hundreds of thousands of loyal Apple fans like myself who aren't upset at all. Once again, the vocal minority gives the impression that the sky is falling.

The only mistake Apple made is announcing the price drop on the day of the event, instead of waiting a day or two to allow some positive press for all the cool new iPod releases. This morning I'm reading a lot more about blogs and user forums full of typical Apple fanboy babies upset about a price drop (since when is a price drop a bad thing in any industry?) than I am about the all-new nano (which is cheaper than its predecessor, by the way) or the touch, or the Wi-Fi iTunes announcement, etc.

Knowing what I now know about the price drop, if I could go back in time I still wouldn't wait ten weeks to buy an iPhone. I'm guessing most other iPhone users would say the same thing.

$200 is a night or two out at a nice restaurant. I'll take ten weeks of iPhone ownership over that any day of the week.

I honestly think that Apple's "loyal customers" are its worst enemies. Always crying over spilled milk and giving the rest of the world the false impression of poor customer satisfaction. And the press just eats that up.

Not to burst your bubble but you are in the minority. Satisfied people are posting but they are being overwhelmed by unsatisfied people. If apple thought they were a minority, they'd stop deleting post on apple website... got so ridiculous, they even began to accidentally delete post that were defending them.. basically, they are trying to wipe the boards clean but the comments keep appearing at amazing pace. They even took the board down for a while. Usually the press is to blame but not this time. You reaction is kinda like knee jerk republican reaction to the press.. if you don't like your coverage, call the press bias (it can't be possible that a lot of people are angry.. nope, not possible at all).
  • Reply 78 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It's a shame we live in a nation of crybabies.

I honestly think I need to set a therapy appointment because its starting to scare me how much pleasure im taking watching all these people bitch about a price drop. I think its funny they even asked Jobs about this he has never been big into price matching...LOL.

Steve pretty much told all the fanboys bend over and take it like a man.

Whats even better right after I hit enter I got my mail and my 200.00 iPod rebate check was in the mail..LOL
  • Reply 79 of 169
    Bullshit. If you purchased the Razor phone out of contract, it was still $399.

The Blackberry Perl has been out for a while and the BB Pearl2 is about to be released.

Go check the prices of the high end phone at Cingular, and you'll see that darn near all the smartphones still cost %100 of their release date price without a contract.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsandresen1 View Post

If none of you ever bought a cellphone I can understand your disappointment. All cellphone comes out at one price and two to six months later the price drops at least twice.

When Motorola introduced the Razor at Cingular Three months later it was $100 off then another $50 and then free. When Blackberry introduces a new model if you buy it when it first comes out its $399 and within three months the price is less than half. The same is true for the Trio. When it first came out it was $599. Two months later it was $499 then $399. T

When I purchased the iPhone I new Apple would discount the phone. I wanted to be the first to have one so I paid the full boat. It should come as no shock to any of you that the price has been lowered to $99. What about all of those people who paid $299 and $399? The Blackberry Pearl was $399 when it first came out now with a rebate its now $149.99

If you are going to stop buying Apple products then you should stop purchasing all Blackberry?s, Motorola, Trio and Nokia phones as well.

• Reply 80 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

And Apple will, in turn, add you to their super double-secret "problem customer" list.

I think the first downloadable ring tone should be the sound of Steve Jobs laughing at everyone that bought an iPhone before Sept 5th.