iTouch SD Slot??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I read on a few websites that the design originally came from an Italian designer. The interface and the general look of it is almost identical. The only question I have is that the Italian one had a SD card slot of expanded memory. Does the iTouch have one as well, or did they take that out of the design? I noticed looking at the back, the top left corner looks different, it's black. What is that for?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

I read on a few websites that the design originally came from an Italian designer. The interface and the general look of it is almost identical. The only question I have is that the Italian one had a SD card slot of expanded memory.

Links?

Quote:

Does the iTouch have one as well, or did they take that out of the design? I noticed looking at the back, the top left corner looks different, it's black. What is that for?

Wi-Fi antenna.
  • Reply 3 of 6

Erm, I think your original post got things a bit reversed.

The design of this Italian PMP is a rip-off of the iPhone (which the iPod touch is derived from).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Ah yeah, reading it a secnd time does explain things a little better. I want an SD slot damnit. 16GB isn't enough space!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

Ah yeah, reading it a secnd time does explain things a little better. I want an SD slot damnit. 16GB isn't enough space!

I've often wondered why Apple doesn't give you the ability to expand the memory on the iPods. It would be nice to have an expansion memory card slot so you could transfer files and songs or adds extra songs.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I've often wondered why Apple doesn't give you the ability to expand the memory on the iPods. It would be nice to have an expansion memory card slot so you could transfer files and songs or adds extra songs.

I always thought iPods were being treated like can openers or toasters or blenders by Apple: have a two slot toaster, need a four slot one? Don't add on extra slots to the toaster (no one would think of that), just get a new toaster (and give the old one to your niece going to college).