ATT.com: New iPhone pricing through Jan. 31, 2008.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I checked out the AT&T iPhone site again to refresh myself on service plan costs when I saw something interesting. The new "Special Pricing" indicates that the prices are "Now through January 31, 2008."

Mean anything to you?

Sounds to me like the 8GB version will at least stay the same until then (i.e. no 3G), but that doesn't necessarily rule out a 16GB version between now and then.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Rev 2 at MacWorld?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Here it what it must have:

3g

3d party apps that you can develope using xcode

FLASH
  • Reply 3 of 12
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Rev 2 at MacWorld?

Could be,

I hope so. i am looking for an iPhone with at least 16gig storage. 32gig would be ideal.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    I personally wouldn't go as far as saying version 2 is on the way but, maybe this is a mistake on at&t's part.

On a side note, it's kinda funny how fast a rumor escalates. Within two posts there were already demands/expectaions.

• Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MattRebs View Post

I personally wouldn't go as far as saying version 2 is on the way but, maybe this is a mistake on at&t's part.

On a side note, it's kinda funny how fast a rumor escalates. Within two posts there were already demands/expectaions.

no actually ive been wanting those features since the first launch.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Oh yah, I'm right there with you on wanting those features. I just thought it was funny how fast someone responded with 'wants'.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Does Apple ever release its iPod updates every 6 months? No. You won't see the 2G iPhone until 12-18 months after the 1G iPhone was released.

You can probably count on GPS and 3G support in the 2G iPhone. Or, perhaps Apple will release a "mini update" just so they can say the 3G iPhone ushered in 3G support. (OK, bad joke.)
  • Reply 8 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The only updates we'll see to the iPhone for a good, long while will be storage and battery life upgrades and *maybe* 3G. I don't think that thing's getting GPS (natively) anytime soon. We may see an add-on device at some point, though.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

The new "Special Pricing" indicates that the prices are "Now through January 31, 2008."

The date has now been removed from the site. Hmm....

\
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I'm guessing a 16gb version of the existing Edge iPhone by the holidays at the $599 price, and a 3G version first quarter. Jobs did say he was putting pedal to the metal.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Just wait 'til the analysts get ahold o' this.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

Could be,

I hope so. i am looking for an iPhone with at least 16gig storage. 32gig would be ideal.

32GB is my cracking point.

A thicker, HD equipped 160GB iPhone would be ideal. Especially if they offer bottom-mount a/v output expansion packs that contour w/ iPhone like the iLuv battery packs contoured w/ iPod.