Future Macbook Pro Owner

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hey guys, i just want to say hi to everyone and i'm glad to be part of this forum. i'm wondering if i could get some info from you guys about mac's laptop. i'm interested in Macbook Pro and rite now they have a great deal goin on with the student discounts. but here is my question is it better to just wait for the new OS (Leopard) to come out then buy or am i able to do an upgrade once the new OS comes out? also are they coming out with a new Macbooks for the holiday? thx in advance guys....

Roy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Well, I haven't checked this out myself, so I may be wrong, but the free iPod nano deal ends on september 16th. You could get a new one I think, but at minimum an old one for free. Worth $200. Could use or sell. Leopard will cost $69 for students. If you bought when it came out, you would save $69, but lose the $200. I know what I would do.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Well, I haven't checked this out myself, so I may be wrong, but the free iPod nano deal ends on september 16th. You could get a new one I think, but at minimum an old one for free. Worth $200. Could use or sell. Leopard will cost $69 for students. If you bought when it came out, you would save $69, but lose the $200. I know what I would do.

wouldn't you be losing 69 bucks and saving 200 or something. vatevar! i'm in the same situation as you. i'm getting a macbook pro as well. i've decided upon getting it before the ipod deal is up and hopefully if possible swithing the nano with the ipod touch and paying a bit extra for the left over on the ipod. then when leopard rolls on out i'll just get that for the educational price. if they don't do that for me then i'll just get the free nano and sell it and then order the touch.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

wouldn't you be losing 69 bucks and saving 200 or something. vatevar! i'm in the same situation as you. i'm getting a macbook pro as well. i've decided upon getting it before the ipod deal is up and hopefully if possible swithing the nano with the ipod touch and paying a bit extra for the left over on the ipod. then when leopard rolls on out i'll just get that for the educational price. if they don't do that for me then i'll just get the free nano and sell it and then order the touch.

If you bought the MBP when leopard came out, you would save the $69 that you would have originally had to pay for Leopard and lose the $200 iPod that you can currently get for free. I stand by my logic.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

If you bought the MBP when leopard came out, you would save the $69 that you would have originally had to pay for Leopard and lose the $200 iPod that you can currently get for free. I stand by my logic.

haha but in the end if you sell it you make money. but your right you still do infact lose 69 bucks.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

haha but in the end if you sell it you make money. but your right you still do infact lose 69 bucks.

What are you talking about? Define the word 'it' as it is used in the above post. I'm confused.