microsoftinsider.com?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
im curious to see what the microsoft fan boys say about the new ipods and other apple products. Also what they think about their zune etc. Does anyone know of the popular windows forums

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988 View Post

im curious to see what the microsoft fan boys say about the new ipods and other apple products. Also what they think about their zune etc. Does anyone know of the popular windows forums

just search google
  • Reply 2 of 9
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Microsoft doesn't have any fans. Just people who hate Apple more...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    try zune scene, the way they try to make themselves feal better is so entertaining.

i got banned, 4 or 5 times actually but the last one was a perm ban. Im supprised they ban anyone, the membership declines every month.

Just look at the new main page and you will realize how much they will deny the truth.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Did you catch the code names of the new Zune models? Draco is the flash based Zune and Scorpio is the 2nd generation Zune. I guess someone was reading "Deathly Hallows" when they named them.

A new patent from Microsoft:

Paid Zune Sharing: Patent Pending

July 11 2007 - A recently discovered Microsoft patent application titled "Off-line Economies for Digital Media" describes how Zune owners can get paid for sharing music. The Zune MP3 player has a unique ability to transfer songs wirelessly from Zune to Zune. According to the patent, Microsoft would like to erect a system by which pirated music (yes the term pirated is used in the document several times) can be transferred to other Zune devices, and the sender can be paid a sales commission. Of course this would work with legally obtained music also.

A common misconception is that iTunes is the 3rd largest distributor of music overall and the largest online distributor. Unfortunately the truth is that illegal download sites distribute more music than iTunes, Walmart, Amazon, and Best Buy put together. The technology proposed by Microsoft would essentially allow them to capitalize on this by "encrypting" songs transferred offline (in other words Zune to Zune). The person receiving the file could use it three times, then be forced to pay for the song. Once the song is paid for sales commission go to the sender and Zune Marketplace while the bulk of the money would go to the copyright holder. They system would essentially convert illegal music into legal music. It would also give a strong retail presence to Zune by creating 1 million traveling salesmen of all ages.

Refer to the patent 20070136608.

I looked at the diagram but couldn't quite figure it out. I can see there being a way to indicate you want to buy the song so when you connect the Zune to the computer the song is purchased, but I do not see how a user can be forced to buy a song.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    zune phone

• Reply 6 of 9
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zune Scene

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

Innapropriate Pictures.

i had some fun.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

zune phone

Now that's 'fugly'
  • Reply 8 of 9
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Nah, not fugly.

Just "staggeringly mediocre"
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

try zune scene, the way they try to make themselves feal better is so entertaining.

Just look at the new main page and you will realize how much they will deny the truth.

Wow. Maybe it's some kind of Apple viral-marketing thing. Because it is unbelievable that people actually write stuff like that for the web page *for real*. O M F G.